First Time building a computer. Is this a good parts list?

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/L8FsFG

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (14nm) 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($104.99) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($124.47 @ Best Buy) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory  ($70.34 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($124.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.52 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 5600 XT 6 GB Red Devil Video Card  ($335.56 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($93.57 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($90.57 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1004.01

Promo:-$70.00

Total: $934.01
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Budget is 1k for the build

I need help if any parts need to be replaced for something better for the price. Mostly doing this post because of the "errors" i got in Partpicker and want to know if it is a major problem or the website is not updated.

Uses for the Build : Gaming, Video Editing (because of college) and well using it for college and their applications.

Reason of Building: Well a need a new computer since i am using my laptop more and prefer to rely on something better to handle what I am doing. I have a Video Editing class this coming semester and need a computer to handle that since I would not be able to use the computers on campus. They recommended me to get an Apple laptop or Mac, but I would like to use the money for a gaming Pc that can handle the task.

Help.thumb.PNG.3429b2688eca7ac56576fab1f0a90f60.PNG

Edited by GuerraTony
Reason for the computer

What do you intend to do with the pc? That will change things around a bit especially the cpu. Also what is your max budget and location?

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

I think that build would be better for around the same price.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($167.00 @ Walmart) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ Best Buy) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($82.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Adorama) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 5600 XT 6 GB Red Devil Video Card  ($309.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($86.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($83.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $974.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-27 21:29 EDT-0400

1 minute ago, MartinKweh said:

What do you intend to do with the pc? That will change things around a bit especially the cpu. Also what is your max budget and location?

This computer is meant for a bit of everything from gaming, video editing (because of college), and well using it for college. It would need more storage but can be obtained later.

-= Moved topic to New Builds and Planning =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

-= Moved topic to New Builds and Planning =-

Well that helped what this post is for. Thx! (New to the site)

better cpu, better cooler, better ram, a tiny bit worse but half the price ssd, better gpu, i changed the case because one of the front usb ports wouldnt work with the motherboard, and the same psu. should do you very good.

pc specs:

Spoiler

r5 3600
16gb ddr4 3200mhz

b450 tomahawk max
rx 6600xt

1tb ssd + 6tb hdd
meshify c
750w dragon or something psu idk

7 hours ago, m0oble said:

better cpu, better cooler, better ram, a tiny bit worse but half the price ssd, better gpu, i changed the case because one of the front usb ports wouldnt work with the motherboard, and the same psu. should do you very good.

Why wasting money on an aftermarket CPU cooler? The Ryzen 5 3600 stock cooler is good enough. 

10 hours ago, Viper9 said:

Why wasting money on an aftermarket CPU cooler? The Ryzen 5 3600 stock cooler is good enough. 

overclocking

pc specs:

Spoiler

r5 3600
16gb ddr4 3200mhz

b450 tomahawk max
rx 6600xt

1tb ssd + 6tb hdd
meshify c
750w dragon or something psu idk