First Time Build

I am hoping for some feed back on my build.  Had some extra cash come in because of the company I work for got bought, and as a thank you the old owners gave everyone a bonus. Anyways. On to the Build.

Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC LGA1151 Micro ATX

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K Coffee Lake 8core 3.6GHz (4.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1151

Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8) 288-Pin DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) *Thinking of buying two more some time soon,

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda ST2000 2TB 7200RPM 256MB Cache Sata 6.0Gb/s 3.5" (Also a WD1TB HD for backup if needed, if was FREE)

Solid State Drive: Western Digital Blue SN550 NVMe M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express 3.0x4 3D NAND 

CPU Fan: Noctua NH-D15s 140mm S So2 D-Type Premium

GPU: ASUS Radeon Rx580 DirectX 12 Dual-Rx580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX 

Power Supply: Corsair RMx Series RM850x 850W ATX / EPS12V 80 Plus GOLD Full Modular

Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black Steel / Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower (self etched the glass)

Monitor: AOC 24" (other specs unknow it was also Free) And a few years old HP 2009m

I don't know much about over clocking, I might of went a little over kill with the Noctua D15s.  But I'm hoping this will last for awhile and wont need to much over the next couple of years.  Bought it to mainly work on a invention I have in mind, and am using it to run my 3D printer.  Also a hand full of games. Like CoD: MW WareZone, Apex Legends, GTAV, Ring of Elysium, PubG, CS:GO, Quake Champions, and MineCraft.

Would really like to know what you all think.  And any pointers on where to go from here.

Thanks.

PC1.jpg

PC2.jpg

if possible id recommend rotating your cpu cooler so the fan blows out the back, creating a nice path of air from front to back.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 9 3950X Processor (Stock, -0.1V offset)  /// Motherboard: Asus Pro WS X570-Ace /// CPU Cooler: Deepcool GamerStorm Castle 360 RGB V2 /// GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ 8G /// RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 128GB (4x32GB) 3200Mhz CL16 /// Chassis: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C Blackout TG /// PSU: Corsair RM850i /// Storage: 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe (boot) + 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe (Working Drive) + 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SATA SSD RAID0 (Game Library) + 2TB Seagate BarraCuda (Backup) /// OS: Windows 10 Pro

Peripherals (Main Rig): Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 + Logitech G903 Lightspeed /// Keyboard: Keychron Q1 ANSI - JWK Lavender Linear Switches (TX Switch Film, Krytox 205g0), Durock V2 Stabilisers, Polycarbonate Plate, Tape Mod, GMK Blue Samurai + Keychron K4 V2 Hotswap RGB Aluminum Frame - Gateron Milky Black (Deskeys Switch Film, Krytox 205g0), Foam Mod, Tape Mod, GMK Rainy Day PBT Clones /// Tablet: Wacom Intuos M BT /// Monitor: 4x LG 27UL500-W (4K IPS Freesync) /// DAC: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 /// Speakers: Logitech Z625 /// Mic: Focusrite CM25 MkII /// Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, ATH-LS70iS IEMs /// Racing Wheel: Logitech G920 Driving Force with Shifter /// Eye Tracker: Steelseries Sentry  /// External Drives: 500GB Samsung T5 SSD (Working Drive)

Home Server - NASty: CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700x Processor /// Motherboard: Asus PRIME X470-Pro  /// CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 /// GPU: Gigabyte GeForce® GT 1030 OC 2G /// RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200Mhz CL16 /// Chassis: Fractal Design Define R5 Window /// PSU: Corsair RM750x /// Storage: LSI SAS 9211-8i (IT Mode) + 10x 4TB Seagate Exos Enterprise Drive /// OS: UNRaid

Tester Rig: CPU: AMD Athlon™ 200GE Processor /// Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero WIFI  /// CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism RGB /// GPU: Palit GeForce® GTX 1050 2GB StromX /// RAM: Klevv Bolt 8GB (1x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15 /// Chassis: The AMAZING $30 "Computer Case"! /// PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-750 /// Storage: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SATA SSD + 240GB Transcend SSD220S 2.5" SATA SSD /// OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop (Asus UX430UN): CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-8550U Processor  /// GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX150 /// RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz /// Storage: 512GB SanDisk SD8SN8U512G1002 (boot) /// OS: Windows 10 Home

Other Tech: Console: Xbox One S 1TB, Apple TV 4K /// Printer: Canon imageCLASS MF635Cx /// Phone: Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB Graphite (Daily Driver)  /// Tablet: Apple iPad 9.7-inch Wi-Fi (2018) 32GB + Apple Pencil (1st Generation) /// Headphones: Apple Airpods Pro, Sony WF-1000XM3, Sony WH-1000XM3 /// Smartwatch: Apple Watch Series 6 GPS Space Grey

Cameras: Bodies: Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, Canon EOS 5D Mark IV,  Sony A6000 /// Lenses: Canon EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, Canon EF 16-35mm F/2.8L II USM, Canon EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS II USM, Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 (Canon), Sony SEL-P1650 E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS /// Lighting: 2x Godox SL60-W Continuous LED, 2x Canon Speedlite 580EXII /// Tripods: Leofoto LS-324C Carbon Fiber Tripod + Leofoto LH-40 Ballhead, Leofoto MC-80 Multipurpose Clamp, Triopo DG-3 Gimbal Head /// Yes, I am a Canon Fanboy, deal with it

11 minutes ago, berberries said:

if possible id recommend rotating your cpu cooler so the fan blows out the back, creating a nice path of air from front to back.

I agree to that. Though it looks like its as if it will hit the gpu if it was. 

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

I might just do that, I wasn't sure if running it straight thru would mess with the fan on the back of the case or not.  cooling currently running around 40-75 between flipping thru web pages to running the games at a fairly high level for how its set up so far.  I'll have to test and see if the cooler will fit like that.  Thanks again.

Update: Had to pull GPU out to seat the cooler, then it was a bit of a pain to get the fan locked back into place. but its done. Also I moved the rear fan to the top of the front of the case's intake, so it should be pulling straight thru the case now. Thanks for the tip, now I have a place to sit my head phones while I'm not gaming.  That wont be in the way.

PC3.jpg

PC4.jpg

Nice job! what did you think about building your first PC? Was it harder than it seemed, or straightforward? TBH I'm kind of jealous of the 9700k, im stuck with an 8400 and not the best upgrade path either. Did you get a deal on the 580? 

PC: 

i5 8400 - RTX 2060 - Strix B360-I - Thermaltake 240mm AIO - 16GB Vengeance RGB PRO - CRYSTAL 280X - HD Plex 400w AC/DC Converter

CUSTOM KEYBOARD:

Gmmk Pro  - Gateron ink Black v2 lubed and filmed - GMK Red Samurai - PC plate - Zeal stabs

DAILY TECH:

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Smartwatch - Galaxy A70 - Bose QC Earbuds - Bose SoundLink Wireless - Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 

Thanks!

What did I think about building it? 

I was hyped.  Excited and nervous about possibly screwing it up and breaking all my parts.

Was it hard? 

No it was pretty easy, I didn't seat my ram in the right locations at first. (noob move) and the power pins was a bit hard because I was trying to find the info on location of each one, when the documents that came with the board had the answer and I didn't open it up for a while. (After Giving up looking thru videos).  It was kinda straight foreword, just because of all the videos I had been watching and hearing while working.

9700K (unlocked):

I had the 8700 in my build list from pc park picker, It helped me alot and pointed me in the right direction while picking what was going in to the build. The 9700K was about 10 to 20 dollars cheaper then the 8700 I was going to use.  That helped with over all price and gave me some more room for other parts that might of been just out of my price range.

The RX580:

It cost me about $260.38 (with Tax) from Lonestar computers in Texas. (Bought thru Newegg)  I based my buy on it being rated for VR, (motherboard also VR ready) I am not pushing it to hard I don't believe.  Just running a HP2009m monitor and a 24" AOC nothing special about them.

Thanks Again for the question and feedback.

Nice looking build, especially for a first time one. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here