New graphics card radeon rx 5700 isnt working with my build?

Hi everyone so today as it was my birthday i bought myself a radeon rx 5700, As i went to turn my computer back on from swapping my graphics card around - my computer wouldnt load no display. 

after some research on this graphics card there has been alot of driver problems and so on (i dont think this is the issue) but its getting me abit worried that ive gone for the wrong GPU.

I'm thinking my MOBO isnt correctly updated for this GPU but im not the best at computers and my research if im honest!. I've also just updated my BIOS to the most recent but still no progress on the GPU working! The light on the GPU is coming up but no fan movement or display coming up. 

Any help is great help! Thank you ever so much for your time.

Current build (old gpu)

B350 gaming carbon pro

Ryzen 5 1600x

nvidia geforce gtx 1050ti 

2 x Corsair ddr4 8g Ram

1T HDD

250G SSD

Your previous gpu was Nvidia and you replaced it with AMD.  It’s unsurprising the thing doesn’t work.  As mentioned earlier DDU must be used to TOTALLY remove the old Nvidia drivers at which point the new AMD stuff can be added.  It is VERY important to follow ALL the instructions.  DDU is a way to remove drivers without having to use the other option of completely wiping the drive and reinstalling windows.  It is a VERY deep diving program.  It’s a bit dangerous to use and it is possible that if you screw up you’re going to have to do a full complete drive wipe anyway.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.