Throttlestop settings locked

So I had thought that the "lock" block was an uncheckable but it turns out even after I delete the program and redownload it, it stays locked. I went into the Turbo power limit settings and every setting is locked to a weird number that I wanted to try out and now my cpu won't go past 3.4GHZ

Are you referring to a specific third party app?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Reset the laptop BIOS and OS. Throttlestop is an extremely advanced tool and can do just as much damage as it can do good. Avoid using it if you are inexperienced.

3 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Avoid using it if you are inexperienced.

Good advice.

ThrottleStop stores all of its settings in the ThrottleStop.INI configuration file. If you ever screw something up, exit ThrottleStop, delete the ThrottleStop.INI configuration file, shut down your computer and when you restart, your BIOS should reset your CPU to its default settings. Some computers automatically lock the power limit registers. If the BIOS did this, you cannot use ThrottleStop to unlock these registers.