2133 Mhz on 3600Mhz sticks

Hello,

I have the following problem: I upgraded my PC  with a Asus ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING motherboard & G.Skill DDR4 Ripjaws 2x16GB 3600Mhz [F4-3600C16D-32GVKC] memory.

Also upgraded my CPU & GPU but that doesn't matter i think.

What do i have to do to let them run at 3600Mhz?

I checked before i bought the hardware and the sticks should fit the motherboard, i think?

Kind regards.

Just now, Suicider said:

What do i have to do to let them run at 3600Mhz?

Turn on D.O.C.P. in the motherboard BIOS

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, minibois said:

Turn on D.O.C.P. in the motherboard BIOS

I tried that when my RAM sticks were on my older motherboard (Z170 Gaming, it was XMP on that board) & my screen didn't turn on anymore.

My computer booted but didn't get any screen.

Don't know why that happened?

Since then i'm 'scared' to do it with this one, thinking it wil happen again.

3 minutes ago, Suicider said:

I tried that when my RAM sticks were on my older motherboard (Z170 Gaming, it was XMP on that board) & my screen didn't turn on anymore.

Usually a pc will try and boot 5 times and if it fails revert back settings to stock. Your board should easily run 3600mhz. Are you using the correct two slots so they running dual channel?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

3 minutes ago, Suicider said:

Maybe there just wasn't a compatible XMP profile on the RAM for your previous motherboard.

If the PC doesn't  boot after turning on DOCP, just reset the CMOS and you're back at defaults. Manual overclocking or automatic overclocking (which is what XMP/DOCP is) are the only ways to get the memory running at 3600Mhz.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, minibois said:

Maybe there just wasn't a compatible XMP profile on the RAM for your previous motherboard.

If the PC doesn't  boot after turning on DOCP, just reset the CMOS and you're back at defaults. Manual overclocking or automatic overclocking (which is what XMP/DOCP is) are the only ways to get the memory running at 3600Mhz.

I only had one XMP profile to choose from on my other motherboard.

Is that the button on the back of my PC tower, the BIOS FLBK button that i have to press if i have black screen again?

I'm sorry, don't know much about this stuff..

5 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Usually a pc will try and boot 5 times and if it fails revert back settings to stock. Your board should easily run 3600mhz. Are you using the correct two slots so they running dual channel?

I didn't know that, thx.

I think they are the correct slots, i'm using the one most on the right & the 2nd from left.

So there is one empty channel between them & the channels match the same color.

2 minutes ago, Suicider said:

I only had one XMP profile to choose from on my other motherboard.

Is that the button on the back of my PC tower, the BIOS FLBK button that i have to press if i have black screen again?

I'm sorry, don't know much about this stuff..

That button is for different purposes (it's so you can flash a BIOS to the system, typically without a CPU installed).

To reset the BIOS, you need to do this:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.bceb634e8784407ecaf59169914f5917.png

Or as @Stormseeker9 said, if the board detects it had to reboot multiple times, it usually resets itself.

Keep in mind if you turn on DOCP, you need to save and reboot, but typically it does reset a couple times to 'train' the memory. So just save and reboot and don't touch the PC until it's done with this.

8 minutes ago, minibois said:

That button is for different purposes (it's so you can flash a BIOS to the system, typically without a CPU installed).

To reset the BIOS, you need to do this:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.bceb634e8784407ecaf59169914f5917.png

Or as @Stormseeker9 said, if the board detects it had to reboot multiple times, it usually resets itself.

Keep in mind if you turn on DOCP, you need to save and reboot, but typically it does reset a couple times to 'train' the memory. So just save and reboot and don't touch the PC until it's done with this.

Ok, thx for the help @Stormseeker9 & @minibois!

I'll check that out now.

So i don't have to change anything in bios if i reset my bios if i black screen again?

Because it says 're-enter data'?

Just now, Suicider said:

Ok, thx for the help @Stormseeker9 & @minibois!

I'll check that out now.

So i don't have to change anything in bios if i reset my bios if i black screen again?

Because it says 're-enter data'?

The only thing you should check if the bios resets, is your boot order. to know for sure it's still the same.

Just now, minibois said:

The only thing you should check if the bios resets, is your boot order. to know for sure it's still the same.

Ok, got it!

Thx for the quick help.

Hope it works this time.

It worked, thx!

Will i see a improvement in games or won't the 3600Mhz do much?

CPUZ.jpg

1 minute ago, Suicider said:

It worked, thx!

Will i see a improvement in games or won't the 3600Mhz do much?

Average fps should see a nice bump up, but especially low fps numbers should be more stable (I say this from both benchmark tests online and personal experience)

Nice :).

Thx for the help mate!

Much appreciate it!

• 1 year later...

Hi @Suicider sorry to bring up a pretty old post.

I just recently bought the same board and ram i was wondering if you had any issues when you turned on DOCP?

I am very new to building as well, i checked the QVL with g.skill but failed to check the QVL of the x570-e with the 5000 series, and unfortunately the RAM is not in the QVL.

My current bios version is 3602

I want to turn on the DOCP but am kind unsure as I am very new to building and will definitely have a hard time to troubleshoot.