Dose this mobo have on board video ?

Asus m4n98td evo . 

that’s the mobo , I’m just wonder dose it’s have board video ? Like pretty simple I should be able to figure out on my own lol but I cannot for the life of me . I don’t know what the orange port is , or the two red ones I don’t know what they are either . I though one was Sata until I really looked at it but then I’d just confused me more lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm pretty sure It doesn't, I'm not sure but the top red connector is maybe firewire?? and if it is it might carry video I'm not sure

I will end up using a graphics card anyway , it would have just made my life a little easier with on-board 😛 thank you 

1 minute ago, GenPit said:

I'm pretty sure It doesn't, I'm not sure but the top red connector is maybe firewire?? and if it is it might carry video I'm not sure

image.png.6a8edf2772c61d471ce8f15fec989c25.pngimage.png.ef4b268c8a9432813cbfb1024ac36110.png

I think firewire is used for cameras and such so you can transfer files to the pc

It is IEEE 1394a but I can't find anything that says whether it carries a video signal or just data on this mobo. The main feature advertised for that board was NVIDIA SLI, which leads me to believe that was their only video focus.

The other one is esata, so I don’t think it has a video out port.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

I’ve tossed a gpu in but still no video signal , so that means no post right ? The ram is good , only other thing could be cpu , but it dosnt act like cpu problems , it turns on no beeps no nothing, but no video signal . Do I have to run SLI with this board ? The videos on YouTube I’ve seen all have SLI going and none had only one card 

@StonerNixon try other video output ports on the video card.

If the GPU requires any PCI-E power connectors, make sure those are hooked up -- they are NOT optional.

Motherboard uses a nVidia nForce 980a chipset, so there is no on-board video.

The board SUPPORTS SLi, but it is not required.

Do you know if the RAM is actually good, and you don't have a bad stick (e.g. tested before, or was working in another system, etc) ?

What CPU are you using with the motherboard?

EDIT: 

Oh, forgot the CPU is already in the CPU socket...but reseat it just in case.

Also make sure that 8-pin CPU power connector is connected (top-left corner of the motherboard).

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

Yes the ram is good is it currently in another system ,I didn’t forget to plug anything in , the gpu is also been in other systems and I know it works . This mobo and cpu I got off Facebook and the person didn’t tell me until they drove 2 hours to drop it off that it was salvaged  from the side of the curb . So I cleaned the absolute shit out of it lol. The cpu was also wrapped in fuckin plastic wrap and some pins were slightly bent , and in the process of bending back one of them fell off , it’s literal the same cpu and mobo from an ltt video where Linus sticks the pin in the whole and just prays for the best sorta thing , and I tried it both without the pin and it did the exact same thing as it did when I put the pin in the proper corresponding hole and tried it that way , so this mobo just might be dead , but it seems a hell of a lot less dead then my other dead mobo xD this thing turns on and stays on and doesn’t turn itself off . Just no display what so ever . Gunna try another video card in it and see if it’s just picky or something . The cpu gets extremely hot like connections are being made and it’s actually doing things . I don’t know I’m confused lol