Scared of AIO leak

I just got my first AIO (deepcool castle 240ex) and straight out of the box it looks good and was easy to install, the problem was the warranty sticker fell off during installation and I'm not too sure if that could affect my odds of getting refunded if the cooler were to leak. Currently it's working amazing, it's keeping my Ryzen 2700 at 3.8 ghz under 30 degrees idle and at 50 degrees under load, but I'm scared that the way I mounted it might be detrimental to the lifespan of it. It needs to be front mounted as my case does not support top mounted 240mm rads, any suggestions on what I could change or if I need to change anything at all?

IMG_1579.jpg

Hello and welcome.  

I can't speak to any Deepcool RMA procedures, but can you not put the sticker back?  Also, where it's mounted doesn't matter.  For warranty at least.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Just now, nick name said:

Hello and welcome.  

I can't speak to any Deepcool RMA procedures, but can you not put the sticker back?  Also, where it's mounted doesn't matter.  For warranty at least.  

Yeah about that, I threw it out since it was in two pieces when it came off, I'm not 100% sure if that was the only sticker as there was one on the bottom of the rad, but I tossed it so I'm just assuming it was a warranty void sticker as it was on the cap for refilling the liquid

6 minutes ago, CraigoMyEggo said:

Yeah about that, I threw it out since it was in two pieces when it came off, I'm not 100% sure if that was the only sticker as there was one on the bottom of the rad, but I tossed it so I'm just assuming it was a warranty void sticker as it was on the cap for refilling the liquid

On my Fractal Design S36 the sticker is placed at a spot I can't imagine they'd expect it to actually stay on.  But my recent experience with them leads me to believe they wouldn't honor an actual legitimate RMA.  

I'd imagine Deepcool knows stickers are stickers.  If they don't honor their warranty then you just have to tell folks and never buy from them again.  I don't think you'll have to fight that fight though.  Most AIOs don't fail due to leakage (from what I've read and seen) they fail due to permeation (the liquid evaporating through the tubes).  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

2 minutes ago, nick name said:

On my Fractal Design S36 the sticker is placed at a spot I can't imagine they'd expect it to actually stay on.  But my recent experience with them leads me to believe they wouldn't honor an actual legitimate RMA.  

I'd imagine Deepcool knows stickers are stickers.  If they don't honor their warranty then you just have to tell folks and never buy from them again.  I don't think you'll have to fight that fight though.  Most AIOs don't fail due to leakage (from what I've read and seen) they fail due to permeation (the liquid evaporating through the tubes).  

They told me it could cause issues down the line, but the market laws in Canada and the United States are pretty pro consumer so I'm sure they would at least try to help me out. (plus according to a lot of youtube videos they have amazing support and have replaced entire PCs due to leaks).

6 minutes ago, Z3R0 CHANC3 said:

Totally fine. And they can't enforce a warranty void sticker anyway.

They can use that as an excuse to not rma the cooler or replace the entire pc if the cooler leak or the aio explode.

1 minute ago, AshRiver said:

They can use that as an excuse to not rma the cooler or replace the entire pc if the cooler leak or the aio explode.

Then OP should return it immediately.

3 minutes ago, Z3R0 CHANC3 said:

Then OP should return it immediately.

I already contacted support and they said to contact the seller (amazon) waiting on a response, most likely they'll be sending me a new aio soon

22 minutes ago, nick name said:

DeepCool collect the damage aio to study what cause the failure and such. Without the sticker, they won't know what model and such produce this cooler. It could be a knock off cooler got from black market. It is the same thing if you rma your new laptop. Without the warranty sticker on your laptop, manufacturer will reject it.

Deepcool replace this guy entire pc when his deepcool aio leak liquid onto essential parts.

9 minutes ago, CraigoMyEggo said:

I already contacted support and they said to contact the seller (amazon) waiting on a response, most likely they'll be sending me a new aio soon

Are you still within 30 days exchange/refund on Amazon? You can request an exchange on your end if you are within 30 days exchange/refund.

27 minutes ago, AshRiver said:

Are you still within 30 days exchange/refund on Amazon? You can request an exchange on your end if you are within 30 days exchange/refund.

I just read the rma and warranty support from deepcool, nothing is stated about the sticker over the cap that was torn, the only thing that needs to be intact is the indicator label and that is still completely fine down at the bottom of my rad. I watched every single review on the cooler and none of them had that sticker I had at the top of my cooler, so most likely that sticker was either misplaced onto it or has no significance to the North American markets as Canada and the US have very pro consumer laws.

*** Threads merged ***

Please report for moving rather than make another thread. The previous might still get actual answers which would be lost.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, CraigoMyEggo said:

I just read the rma and warranty support from deepcool, nothing is stated about the sticker over the cap that was torn, the only thing that needs to be intact is the indicator label and that is still completely fine down at the bottom of my rad. I watched every single review on the cooler and none of them had that sticker I had at the top of my cooler, so most likely that sticker was either misplaced onto it or has no significance to the North American markets as Canada and the US have very pro consumer laws.

Oh okay.