Upgrading PC - Opinions Wanted

Firstly let's just get this out of the way. Price really isn't going to be to much of an issue. I'm lucky enough to have had a full time job throughout all of this Covid stuff so I was able to continue saving for this PC upgrade.

(Quick Note: I want to stay Intel. I know AMD this AMD that. I am most comfortable using Intel and massively prefer it) CPU wise I am currently running a 6700k which honestly, I have zero problems with but I have the money and this CPU won't stay like this forever so while I have the money comfortably I want to upgrade it and not have to worry about it for awhile. I was thinking either an I9-9900K or an I7-9700K, from what I can tell both are quite good. I understand tech quite well so nerd out in the comments as much as you want when explaining. I'm leaning more to the 9900K because of it's 16 Threads which would be a benefit when streaming or doing Multi-Threaded things because I don't only use my PC for gaming, but I don't know how much of an impact it would really make having those 8 less threads on the 9700K.

Motherboard seems like a pretty easy answer honestly, I was just going to go with the Asus ROG Strix Z390-E "Gaming" ( Hate when they put that in products now). I thought about just going with the prime, but I have the money to get those kinda creature comfort luxury's that you get when upgrading to this one so I figured it was a easy choice.

Ram is where I am completely and utterly dumb at. So this is where I really want to be given the most kinda guidance I guess you could say. What speed RAM should I really be looking at getting for this type of setup. I don't need like the highest clock ram I can get obviously but I want like the step below it you know. So I was really just gonna go with like 3200Mhz 32GB (I do partial Video production so constantly ram Previewing stuff is easy with all the extra ram I can give it)

Also if anyone was wondering about CPU cooling. I'm getting a brand new 280 AIO Rad. So no lack of cooling available for that CPU.

If you're doing it right.... 9900K for sure.

32GB, at 3600mhz. CL 16 would be desirable while streaming and gaming multi-tasking and work. (not the highest clocked, not the lowest)

If you could do a 360 rad (120.3), that would be the better choice. Give a tad bit more headroom. 

3 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

If you're doing it right.... 9900K for sure.

32GB, at 3600mhz. CL 16 would be desirable while streaming and gaming multi-tasking and work. (not the highest clocked, not the lowest)

If you could do a 360 rad (120.3), that would be the better choice. Give a tad bit more headroom. 

Do you think the 360 would be needed if I'm just planning to let it sit at Standard Clock Speeds no Overclocking? Not trying to like say it's a bad idea or anything btw. Just curious.

Just now, Bop said:

Do you think the 360 would be needed if I'm just planning to let it sit at Standard Clock Speeds no Overclocking? Not trying to like say it's a bad idea or anything btw. Just curious.

Yes. I think the 360 would be needed. Even at stock speeds.

WIll pull 200w - that's 680btu/hr

One problem with a lot of AIO coolers, is the radiator is aluminum. Not exactly as good as copper for dissipating heat. 

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Yes. I think the 360 would be needed. Even at stock speeds.

WIll pull 200w - that's 680btu/hr

One problem with a lot of AIO coolers, is the radiator is aluminum. Not exactly as good as copper for dissipating heat. 

I'd just be getting an NZXT Kraken so no need to worry about an Aluminum pad.

I do only have a 650W PSU, I'm like pretty sure that's gonna be fine for everything in there. I have a 1070 for my GPU. I don't think my PSU would be getting maxed out with all of these would it?

Just now, Bop said:

I'd just be getting an NZXT Kraken so no need to worry about an Aluminum pad.

I do only have a 650W PSU, I'm like pretty sure that's gonna be fine for everything in there. I have a 1070 for my GPU. I don't think my PSU would be getting maxed out with all of these would it?

I'm also not apposed to just upgrading to a like 850W or something along those lines if it will really be a bottle neck. I will just have to push this back another week is all.

The 650w should cover it.

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

The 650w should cover it.

Sweet, I assumed so. Thanks for the back and fourth was helpful in deciding!

1 minute ago, Bop said:

Sweet, I assumed so. Thanks for the back and fourth was helpful in deciding!

Hey, you're welcome. 

I do encourage you to research even the Kraken 280 with the 9900K. Just to be sure.