Laptop for 3D Animation/Gaming

Hey people!

So I start university (considered college to some) and I really need a laptop that can handle 3D Animation software, rendering, gaming, and some graphic design software (Adobe CC, mainly) as I'm going to be travelling quite a bit and will need something potentially useable on the go (or at least something that I can bring with me to plug in somewhere else).

I've been looking around, but I honestly don't know enough to make a confident choice. I know Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 is pretty much the best graphics card out at the moment, but I doubt I'll be able to gather the funds in time for when I start uni to get something this powerful. I've also seen that AMD's Ryzen cards are good, but I still don't know enough to make any sort of comfortable guess. I know there's more to a computer/laptop, but GPU's and CPU's are the limit to my knowledge at the moment.

I don't really have a price point in mind, but I think an upper limit of around £2400 (around $3000 USD) is the most I can come up with.

Any information will help. I don't mind if you give me a complete laptop or a complete list of parts and some links to show me how to put it together. I'm good at taking apart PS4/XBOX ONE controllers, so I can't imagine I'd struggle with putting a laptop together too much (if I have enough videos to watch for guidance, that is).

Thanks in advance!