HDMI Out Soundcards

groww4441

Is there a sound card on the market that outs HDMI sound to connect to a home theater receiver? I don't really wanna out sound from the GPU. Thanks guys!

Space.. I am.. Space.. 

sound cards are for audio not image...... no

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Someone quickly shut me down hard if I'm wrong, but since the sound component of HDMI is still a digital signal, there's nothing to go wrong (no potential analog interference) until it reaches your receiver.

If you're still really insistent on not having sound coming out of your GPU for some reason, then try the optical out of your motherboard. I assume your receiver has an optical input.

Either way, there's no sound card I know of that has any HDMI outputs on the market. Sorry mate.

Someone quickly shut me down hard if I'm wrong, but since the sound component of HDMI is still a digital signal, there's nothing to go wrong (no potential analog interference) until it reaches your receiver.

If you're still really insistent on not having sound coming out of your GPU for some reason, then try the optical out of your motherboard. I assume your receiver has an optical input.

Either way, there's no sound card I know of that has any HDMI outputs on the market. Sorry mate.

You are right, the GPU shouldn't sound any different from any other things, as it only sends a digital signal for the receiver to decode, so the receiver is doing the job of making it sound like anything at all.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Is there a sound card on the market that outs HDMI sound to connect to a home theater receiver? I don't really wanna out sound from the GPU. Thanks guys!

There isn't a sound card that uses HDMI, but you could connect your video card using a DVI to HDMI cable (assuming your card has a DVI out) then use an analogue signal from a sound card.

You could use a digital audio out from a MB or soundcard as suggested earlier and reintroduce this to the HDMI signal later, but this would be of similar quality to using the HDMI audio out on your graphics card.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

There isn't a sound card that uses HDMI, but you could connect your video card using a DVI to HDMI cable (assuming your card has a DVI out) then use an analogue signal from a sound card.

You could use a digital audio out from a MB or soundcard as suggested earlier and reintroduce this to the HDMI signal later, but this would be of similar quality to using the HDMI audio out on your graphics card.

Actually you don't have to use the DVI plug at all. I used to plug my VGA to an LCD TV (using HDMI) to play games on bigger screen, but I hate the audio on that LCD TV, so I used my usual speaker set, plugged to my soundcard.

Just go to control panel>sounds. There should be at least 2 devices in the playback tab, your soundcard, and your HDMI port. Just set the sound card as default, or disable the HDMI port audio altogether.