Need help to pick a laptop

As the tittle says i need help guys.
I'm choosing between the MSI GL65 and ASUS FX505DU.

MSI GL65 main specs: 
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , 16gb RAM MHz 2666, i7-9750H 
ASUS FX505DU main specs: NVIDIA GTX1660Ti 6GB, 16gb RAM MHz 2400,AMD Ryzen 3750H

6 minutes ago, Kaputau said:

As the tittle says i need help guys.
I'm choosing between the MSI GL65 and ASUS FX505DU.

MSI GL65 main specs: 
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , 16gb RAM MHz 2666, i7-9750H 
ASUS FX505DU main specs: NVIDIA GTX1660Ti 6GB, 16gb RAM MHz 2400,AMD Ryzen 3750H

ok what are the prices on each of them?? need some more info.

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

2 minutes ago, Ed-petit said:

ok what are the prices on each of them?? need some more info.

Both are 1100 euros

If you are gaming, go with msi. but if you want to multitask, go with ASUS (This includes streaming)

Aside from specs things such as battery life, thermals, keyboard, build quality and screen are important for a laptop. I suggest you try both out at a store and see which you like better before making a purchase. 

4 minutes ago, Kaputau said:

Both are 1100 euros

i would go with the Asus one as it has ryzen which is better for multitasking- depends on what your planning to do with it though?

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Just now, FoolishSamurai said:

What's your main use gonna be?

Gaming, autocad, Sony vegas, Photoshop. 

Just now, Ed-petit said:

i would go with the Asus one as it has ryzen which is better for multitasking- depends on what your planning to do with it though?

I read that the msi has thermal problems so that is my main fear, but also read that the ryzen cpu is weak 

5 minutes ago, Kaputau said:

i would go with the asus one then.

Just now, Kaputau said:

but also read that the ryzen cpu is weak 

Ryzen isn't very weak? It's a pretty solid processor. Intel does perform better on somethings, like adobe products but they are pretty comparable.

Do they have any extra features you're looking for? Touchscreen, lighting connectors, or anything else?

also any reason for the laptop over a desktop?

but also read that the ryzen cpu is weak

huh?? dont know where you read that.

1 minute ago, Ed-petit said:

also any reason for the laptop over a desktop?

I move a lot in my country so its easier to bring a decent laptop with me 

3 minutes ago, Kaputau said:

I move a lot in my country so its easier to bring a decent laptop with me 

ok fair enough

3 minutes ago, Ed-petit said:

huh?? dont know where you read that.

Reddit and some youtube videos said that the ryzen is slower.

Just now, Kaputau said:

3 minutes ago, Kaputau said:

what cpu were they talking about? in general ryzen is faster then intel at the moment. make sure you read from trusted sources.

4 minutes ago, Kaputau said:

it depends on what you doing as previously mentioned. 

Ryzen, Ryzen, Ryzen. You'd be stupid to not get a Ryzen gaming laptop.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

9 minutes ago, Kaputau said:

nvm i realized you are talking about the last gen ryzen laptop cpu but why last gen and not the current gen ryzen