Games having fps drops all of a sudden.

1 week ago i was playing battlefield 1 with my friend on a conquest match, It was working fine until a frame drop occured and was getting bad fps then. I launched forza horizon 4 then and it cant even get past the loading screen and even if it did i was getting huge fps drop like freezing for 1 or 2 seconds then running  on 60 fps and this keep goin on.

I tried restarting the pc and it told me to enter wifi password again as there were some network changes occured since last restart.

I entered the password again and it kept showing the same error. So i restarted again

and i was able to connect but the frame drops were still there. I installed an old version of windows but still there were frame drops even in crew 2 where i never experienced a fps problem.

Someone kindly respond....

My specs 

i3 8100

gigabyte h310mh

zotac gtx 1060 3gb

cm 450 psu

16 gb gskill ripjaws

1tb wd hdd

Try running Disk Cleanup as administrator and clearing your DirectX Shader Cache. I had that problem about a week ago and it fixed it for me.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

Try running Disk Cleanup as administrator and clearing your DirectX Shader Cache. I had that problem about a week ago and it fixed it for me.

@JoostinOnline

i did a reset and then installed an older version of windows later ..still no improvements