Camera say's sd card is locked but isnt..

Hi there, my panasonic lumix camera has recently started to give up on me, first it was that whenever I connected the camera to my laptop the laptop would only recognise the internal memory on the card rather than the sd card, now when I turned on the camera, it said the sd card was locked even though I havent touched the sd card for a month, I have checked for the lock slider and that was on the unlock place and when I inserted the sd card back in again, it still said: ''SD Card locked''. Any Ideas on how to get my camera to recognise the sd card? 

2 minutes ago, vf1000ride said:

Is the card recognized and read, write good if plugged into a PC?

Yeah, i took everything off the sd onto my pc

If you can read and write to the card in a PC than the socket in the camera is most likely bad.  Only other option is to try another sd card to be 100% sure.

1 minute ago, vf1000ride said:

If you can read and write to the card in a PC than the socket in the camera is most likely bad.  Only other option is to try another sd card to be 100% sure.

yeah thats what I was thinking, Dont really think its the camera though because like a month ago it was perfectly working and now for no reason it broke..

The socket itself has an extremely small microswitch inside of it that reads the position of the tab on the SD card.  Given that the card works otherwise I would expect that the switch inside the card socket has failed.  I can't say I have ever tried to clean that switch in the socket or it it's even possible.  Worst case if you are good with disassembly and with a solder gun you could open up the camera and bypass the switch on the socket and make the camera think the card will always be in the write position regardless of that little tab on the SD card.

Edit, or try to clean the socket while it's apart first.

This isn't the greatest image but it shows a socket someone else had torn apart to make an extender cable.  I drew the arrow to point to the switch inside the socket that reads the write protect tab position.  Your socket may differ but will give you an idea of what you are chasing after.

FF7VXZEHGH6Y9LH.LARGE.jpg