I have a problem with BIOS

Go to solution Solved by Aleks,

So it's like an operating system just for my motherboerd or graphics card? Every hardwere component has bios?

What's UEFI bios? And duel bios?

Thank you

Anything plugged into your motherboard will have its place in the bios and will allow you to alter certain settings. So no, not every component has a bios but every component contributed to the ONE bios. there is only ONE bios and that is linked with your motherboard mainly. UEFI is basically just BIOS with different letters. It is an "improved" version of BIOS, although many manufactured will put UEFI and BIOS on the motherboard box. 

As far as Duel bios. Every motherboard has a chip that runs the BIOS, duel bios means that there are TWO chips, one running the main bios which you will be using, and the second dedicated to being the backup BIOS. The reason for a backup BIOS is that when you update your BIOS things can go wrong. Say something gets messed up, you shouldn't have any issues because you have your second BIOS chip acting as a background BIOS.

The problem is I don't know what it is xD

You might want to try to explain what the problem is or else we can't be of much help. :P

It is basically the control panel of you computers hardware settings. It's kind of an internal operating system. It allows you to control everything you otherwise could not with a disc or having it be installed on your OS. 

I hope this kinda helped.

It is basically the control panel of you computers hardware settings. It's kind of an internal operating system. It allows you to control everything you otherwise could not with a disc or having it be installed on your OS. 

I hope this kinda helped.

So it's like an operating system just for my motherboerd or graphics card? Every hardwere component has bios?

Thank you

Thank you

Anything plugged into your motherboard will have its place in the bios and will allow you to alter certain settings. So no, not every component has a bios but every component contributed to the ONE bios. there is only ONE bios and that is linked with your motherboard mainly. UEFI is basically just BIOS with different letters. It is an "improved" version of BIOS, although many manufactured will put UEFI and BIOS on the motherboard box. 

As far as Duel bios. Every motherboard has a chip that runs the BIOS, duel bios means that there are TWO chips, one running the main bios which you will be using, and the second dedicated to being the backup BIOS. The reason for a backup BIOS is that when you update your BIOS things can go wrong. Say something gets messed up, you shouldn't have any issues because you have your second BIOS chip acting as a background BIOS.

Thanks, get it now

Thanks, get it now

No Problem, glad I could help.