Razer Deathadder 2013 Unboxing

I think this is the first time I've really been struck by the ergonomics and build quality of a Razer mouse in this way. I bought an original Deathadder right near release when it was the hottest thing on the market (and priced significantly lower than this new one) and I really wasn't impressed. The glossy plastic didn't do anything for me, and it died in a few weeks  (fortunately that was just long enough for my Logitech mouse to get back from RMA at the time so I ended up getting it refunded).

That Razer is gone...

The new Deathadder has AWESOME rubber side grips that make it an absolute pleasure to hold, and a matte finish to the top that is "just right". It's lightweight, and perhaps a touch big for me, but that makes sense since my hands are pretty small for a guy, and the lighting effects are nice without being overdone to the point where you look at the product and think to yourself "How much did I just pay for an awesome sensor and great build quality, and how much did I pay for RGB LED lighting..."

It also happens to have one of the widest sensitivity ranges available on an optical mouse, which is the preferred technology for many gamers including many professionals.

What would you prefer Linus; Deathadder, or Naga Hex. (Price doesn't matter)

CPU:4770k  Motherboard:Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero  RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance  GPU:MSI GeForce GTX 780 OC 6GB  CaseFractal Design Define R4 (Blackout Edition)  Storage:Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB WD Caviar Black PSU:Corsair RM 850  Display(s):BenQ 24" GL2450-B  Cooling:Corsair H75  Keyboard:Compaq (Generic)  Mouse:G500

Video thumbnail is hilaroius

I LOVE the new Macro camera!

I really enjoy Razer's designs on thier products, but I feel, after a certain point, you're paying for that little green logo (a bit like apple, but you know.... Razer is good)

I hav ea generic mouse (Perixx H1000) but I've sold and used a lot of others. My favourite gaming mouse as been Raer Naga Hex (and the LoL edition - theme change only) but my 3rd has been the Razer Deathadder. Now, I just have to get a customer who wants the 2013 edition! :)

Production Control, Fish Keeper, Lover of Audio

I would go Naga Hex just because... Well, I LOVE the Naga Hex. It's my 3rd favourite mouse all-time, and the only MMO mouse that is in my top 10...

It's great to palm for people with small hands (me) and unlike the original Naga you can actually feel which button you're pressing.

I would go Naga Hex just because... Well, I LOVE the Naga Hex. It's my 3rd favourite mouse all-time, and the only MMO mouse that is in my top 10...

It's great to palm for people with small hands (me) and unlike the original Naga you can actually feel which button you're pressing.

I always used a claw grp when I tested this mouse; I don't know why, it might just be my preference, but my fingers are usually about.... 1/2" from the button tips, seems comfortable for me. Perhaps its to tilt my hand to reach the further out buttons on the right, while keeping my middle and index finger in the same position

Production Control, Fish Keeper, Lover of Audio

I feel like I've listened to this before! o.O

Am I imagining things?

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I feel like I've listened to this before! o.O

Am I imagining things?

No, im pretty sure ive heard it too.

Wish they had RGB lighting, I like my current blue Deathadder 3.5G but want the rubber grips on the side. If it came in the old blue then I'd get another for sure. Anyone tried to mod the leds in the 2013?

What's up with the thumbnail?  :D

How did it taste?

Linus, what's you all time favorite mouse?

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

What are your top 2?!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I might consider upgrading to this, is it good to palm for people with big hands?

Wish they had RGB lighting, I like my current blue Deathadder 3.5G but want the rubber grips on the side. If it came in the old blue then I'd get another for sure. Anyone tried to mod the leds in the 2013?

Me too. They offer RGB in the 2013 Mamba. I'd buy the 2013 Deathadder in an instant if they offered the same RGB LED, though I do prefer the fully lit scroll wheel on the 3.5G. The 3.5G Deathadder also just feels ​better ergonomically than the Mamba. :(

Intel 3960X @ 4.6GHz Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD64GX3M8A2133C9 64GB | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | 2*ASUS PG279Q EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X | 2*Corsair Force GT 256GB in R0 [OS Drive] | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB [secondary Drive] Hitachi Deskstar 7K4000 Raid 6 [8*4TB — Media Array] | PAN-UJ-235A Blu-Ray Slot Load | PAN-UJ-875A DVD Slot Load | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair H100i | Lian-Li PC-V2120X | LSI 9271-8i w/ Intel RES2SV240 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | Ducky Shine II [Cherry MX Brown / Blue LED]

Razer mouses are kinda gross looking :\ I'm sure they're good though. 

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Since this is pretty much a wired mamba it has my "Comfortable for big hands" seal of approval 

• 2 weeks later...

Im looking for a new mouse and i play alot of FPS should i go for the Deathadder 2013?

got it after watching this review, i like it very much

i5 3470 | MSI B75MA P45 | 8GB Value Ram | Plextor M5S 128GB | Sapphire 7850 | WD Blue 1TB | SF 600W Gold | CM Storm Scout II

Deathadder-FPS Naga Hex-RPG,MMORPG,RTS

BLAOW!!!!

I made fun of the blurb on their box on the live stream  as well :P

Indeed you did, it was funny :D

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Got it from NCIX for $59 (on sale) after watching Linus's video  :)

i'm currently running a death adder 2012 black edition. Satisfied enough with it and haven't really run into any problems...yet

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Bought the 2013 today, pretty much solved any issue I had with the 3.5.  The smooth sides of the 3.5 were a hand scum magnet, and when you boot up it remembers the prior DPI setting so it if you're like me and play at low DPI, you don't get the turbo mouse (for up to 30 seconds) until Synapse consults with the snake Gods in the "CLOUD" to set your local DPI everytime you reboot.

Weirdly enough the first deathadder is actually the best mouse I've ever owned it improved my aim considerably more on fps games compared to my old razer diamondback. 10x better than the naga aswell, i really dont like the original naga, the hex one looks so sweet though.