Denuvo Anti-Cheat, another new StarForce

Thaldor
On 5/20/2020 at 6:03 PM, SolarNova said:

Each time a game dev .. or publisher, makes a decision like this ..be it the inclusion of invasive DRM, bad monetization, or agenda driven content.... they give more and more incentive for people to just Pirate the game instead. be it to 'try out' the game full of agenda BS without rewarding or encouraging the devs/publishers for doing it, or just so they can play the game without being ripped of or having spyware installed on their system.

In the past (pre 00's) Pirated games were ,for the most part, used to avoid paying for the game, or to 'try before you buy' once demo's went extinct. Now though these companies are giving people more and more actual 'moral' reasons to turn to Pirated software.

Im not ashamed to say i've pirated games before. For the most part to "try before I buy" ..or to ensure certain publishers dont get rewarded (looking at EA here).

I mean Doom:Eternal has already cracked by CODEX and is available. And since the multiplayer isnt a big part of it (apparently its not great), theres nothing stopping people just going with the cracked version instead.  In fact if they opted to keep Denovo, i wouldn't hesitate to suggest those who have a legitimate copy, or who want to buy the game ..buy it ..then use the cracked version instead.

If I pirate a game and like it, I'll not finish it on purpose to give myself a reason to replay it once I've purchased it.

At this point, money is the biggest reason for me to pirate a game. I don't want to spend money on a game I'll end up not playing because I don't like it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs