Is it possible to combine my storage onto a new drive?

Shields

So I'm basically thinking of upgrading my current storage system: 

1TB HDD

Holding all of my valuables such as family photos. Games, Work etc. etc. 

120GB SSD

Contains my OS and other such files...

Changing them to a completely new SSD. Faster, with more storage... But I was wondering if this is even possible... Can I just migrate my system just as simple as that? Does it come with any risks? Have any of you done this type of thing before?

Any input would be greatly appreciated 👍

All you'd need to do is clone the OS drive onto the new larger SSD drive and then copy all the files from the HDD over to that new larger SSD.  That is if you don't have programs installed on the HDD.  Though, I'm not sure it's worth buying a larger SSD just for the storage of what you have on that HDD.  

You'll have to adjust partition sizes with the cloning software you use to make sure you don't end up with a higher capacity drive with a 120GB partition.  Unless that's what you want. 

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

3 minutes ago, nick name said:

All you'd need to do is clone the OS drive onto the new larger SSD drive and then copy all the files from the HDD over to that new larger SSD.  That is if you don't have programs installed on the HDD.  Though, I'm not sure it's worth buying a larger SSD just for the storage of what you have on that HDD.  

You'll have to adjust partition sizes with the cloning software you use to make sure you don't end up with a higher capacity drive with a 120GB partition.  Unless that's what you want. 

I like the idea of having all of my storage on one device (as my HDD is pretty old now and sluggish), and less stress when it comes to portability, moving house etc.

Plus, I'm saving to buy a Digital Audio Workstation so I'm going to need that extra wiggle room. 

In terms of partitions, does it not automatically adjust to its new environment? Adding my current 115GB on the SSD to the other 533gb on the HDD. 

Also do you have any recommendations for cloning software?

-sorry for all the q's

I've used Macrium with success and Acronis that comes with Crucial and other drives.  They will initially set a partition the size of the drive you're cloning but you can make it larger.  Just be mindful of the behavior. 

I don't think you can clone one drive and then another so I believe you'll have to clone the OS drive first and then copy the files from the other and then re-install the games.  Be mindful to save configs and other game save files for copying after re-install.  I'd imagine there will be some re-setup for games after though.  Unavoidable unless you can clone one drive to a new drive and then clone another drive to the same new drive.  Again, I don't think you can though so the OS drive is the drive to clone first.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case