mouse doesnt work windows 7 premium

marbless

my mouse doesnt work on my old hp destkop i dont know what is wrong i have tryed many mice but nothing happens can anyone help me

?

19 minutes ago, imcrazy4 said:

my mouse doesnt work on my old hp destkop i dont know what is wrong i have tryed many mice but nothing happens can anyone help me

?

If you tried many mice that means the usb port you connect it to is broken.. Try another usb port

25 minutes ago, abcdefghivjklmnop said:

If you tried many mice that means the usb port you connect it to is broken.. Try another usb port

It’s far and away the most likely option anyway.  Should be tried first 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

i already did that and the keyboard works

If all mice aren’t working in any port, it’s most likely a driver.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

ok but how do i update the drivers?

15 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

If all mice aren’t working in any port, it’s most likely a driver.

ok but how do i update the drivers

Depends on the os and the setup of the machine.  HP says it probably windows but not which version.  Different mice have different systems.  Some use apps, some rely on the windows driver.

Just now, imcrazy4 said:

hard drive or motherboard?

OS

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Depends on the os and the setup of the machine.

hard drive or motherboard?

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Depends on the os and the setup of the machine.  HP says it probably windows but not which version.  Different mice have different systems.  Some use apps, some rely on the windows driver.

OS

windows 7 home premium

Ugh.  That won’t have been auto updated.  A lot of modern stuff won’t even work with it any more. There will be either a driver or an app.  If it’s an app it will only work with one brand of device. Logitech was a favorite for that.

Look and see what you got for apps and drivers for mic 

18 hours ago, imcrazy4 said:

i have used a logitech mouse

Is it a new logitech mouse with rgb, extra buttons and etc? If not, your mice would automatically be detected on that usb port and download the ''drivers'' they come with inside that mouse. So i dont see a reason why it would'nt work unless the usb port has a malfunction or something

its already fixed i installed windows 10 on it

1 hour ago, imcrazy4 said:

its already fixed i installed windows 10 on it

So everything works now?  Yay! :D