GTA V Stuttering

Go to solution Solved by Deuxez,
3 minutes ago, Spectre64 said:

Some little update. My Ryzen 5 2400G temps are weird. 55C (based on Ryzen Master) when I only have chrome open. I am using the stock cooler and I am currently checking what the hell is happening.

55c is fairly normal. As long as it doesnt reach high temps when gaming. Have you tried updating your gpu drivers? Or reinstalling them?

I got GTA V from Epic yesterday and I just finished installing it on my SSD. When I played it, I was greeted with a smooth 100+ FPS in the first mission. All is good until I get to the second mission where Franklin and Lamar took the white and red cars. Looking at my frames from Afterburner+RTSS, my frames were at 70+ FPS but I am plagued with stutters. I can't get out of the alleyway without stuttering like crazy. Driving is impossible and it even freezes on me. I tried changing Fullscreen to Windowed Borderless, changing settings to Normal, deleting the GTA V documents folder, limiting to 60FPS. Nothing helped. 

I was able to play GTA V before using the same rig with a Sapphire RX 560 4Gb and I remembered having 0 issues. I also read that apparently, some Ryzen CPUs are having devastating lows but a very decent average. Kinda hopeless right now.

System

Ryzen 5 2400G

Gigabyte RX 580 4Gb
1 x 8Gb Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz

Patriot Scorch 256Gb

34 minutes ago, Spectre64 said:

1 x 8Gb Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz

Its most likley something software based, But that ram should be in dual channel. It will give you some more fps in almost every game. And maybe buy a bit faster ram kit. like 3000mhz or try to overclock the one you got right now.

19 minutes ago, DankDeuxez said:

Its most likley something software based, But that ram should be in dual channel. It will give you some more fps in almost every game. And maybe buy a bit faster ram kit. like 3000mhz or try to overclock the one you got right now.

Some little update. My Ryzen 5 2400G temps are weird. 55C (based on Ryzen Master) when I only have chrome open. I am using the stock cooler and I am currently checking what the hell is happening.

3 minutes ago, Spectre64 said:

55c is fairly normal. As long as it doesnt reach high temps when gaming. Have you tried updating your gpu drivers? Or reinstalling them?

10 minutes ago, DankDeuxez said:

Haven't tried reinstalling. Will test gaming loads temp and try reinstalling gpu drivers too.

Im also watching the other GTA V related thread.

Update!

After reinstalling drivers, I reverted back to Radeon 20.2.2 and so far, it fixed my problems. I had to cap it to 75FPS because it still stutters when it reaches high FPS so that's really annoying.

I think I remember reading that it stutter when it reaches a certain fps