Ports are still closed.

PartyNator

I tried port forwarding and when I went on multiple sites to check if ports were open, it's still closed. Anyone know how I can fix this? I use an Ethernet, Dynamic IP Address, and I chose to add ipv4 port isntead of ipv6.image.png.eeb274dbfc66fd9ce7acdb4a4e7bf1a8.pngI put the IPV4 Address on Local IP Address

You do know that using a dynamic ip address will cause your PC ip address to change over time.   So you need to reserve that IP address to that PC so the port forward rule will work.

Also, there are 2 different protocols - TCP/UDP.   Is the port forward rule using the correct protocol?

Yes it's UDP and Roblox asks for ports of 49152 - 65535 to be open image.png.8704cc1161c09d49d1af33b87d4bf28a.png

15 minutes ago, PartyNator said:

and when I went on multiple sites to check if ports were open, it's still closed

Most of those sites can't detect open UDP-ports. Many of them only work correctly for TCP.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

So would a static IP fix it or is there something else that I'm doing wrong? and how can I check if its open if most sites only check TCP?

1 hour ago, PartyNator said:

Yes it's UDP and Roblox asks for ports of 49152 - 65535 to be open image.png.8704cc1161c09d49d1af33b87d4bf28a.png

The static IP would be on your own Internal network. So it might look something like this:

Device name/MAC     Static IP address

RobloxServer            192.168.0.5

Then have the port forwards forward to that server.

Please note there is a fairly significant risk with exposing even 1 port on the open Internet, let alone over 16,000. You'll want to have regularly scheduled downtime to be able to update your server.

*Edit*

Requiring over 16,000 ports to work properly is absolutely absurd. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks this as well. As such, I cannot in good faith recommend or support hosting or running a Roblox server due to the, to put it mildly, poor security design.

10 minutes ago, PartyNator said:

So would a static IP fix it or is there something else that I'm doing wrong? and how can I check if its open if most sites only check TCP?

Look for the section that can bind a MAC address to a specific internal/private IP on your gateway device. The MAC address you use is that of the computer requiring firewall access.

Create the firewall rules for both TCP and UDP ports.

You can try this website to test your ports: yougetsignal.com

image.thumb.png.f7c8a94d155c30528e367b4c2f41dac3.png

This? Also which Mac Address do I put? is it the physical address on the network connection details? and I use the same ipv4 address?

3 hours ago, PartyNator said:

image.thumb.png.f7c8a94d155c30528e367b4c2f41dac3.png

This? Also which Mac Address do I put? is it the physical address on the network connection details? and I use the same ipv4 address?

It’s the MAC address assigned to the PC’s network adapter that you want the firewall rules for. If you look in the gateway’s “connected clients” list, you should see it there. You can use the same internal IP currently assigned.

It still saids close. Do I not use the external ip since it seems its looking for that and not my ipv4? (on the site for open port checker)