Help deciding between Z390-F and b450-F

Im helping my girlfriend upgrade her gaming and casual streaming pc, we found a bundle:

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F GAMING + Intel Core i5-9600K for 447,33 usd

but these where also seperatly discounted

ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming + AMD Ryzen 5 3600X for 411,59 usd

From what I know the 5 3600x and i5 9600k are comparable but I dont know much about moderboards and I dont know the pros and cons of these chipsets. so Id like some help figuring out which pair is the better bang for the buck.

9 minutes ago, didllaz said:

Im helping my girlfriend upgrade her gaming and casual streaming pc, we found a bundle:

From what I know the 5 3600x and i5 9600k are comparable but I dont know much about moderboards and I dont know the pros and cons of these chipsets. so Id like some help figuring out which pair is the better bang for the buck.

first of all that black font is painful please change it 

second of all the only difference in mobos is that the z390 has a bit better power delivery but it is nothing too insane (and it supports sli but that is hot  useless )

which one do i recommend ? the 3600 with the b450 

more ipc and 6 more threads its simple 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

The B450 combo is the better deal and like mentioned above, please don’t use black font, it makes it nearly impossible to read for those of us that use dark mode.

1 minute ago, The_russian said:

those of us that use dark mode.

all of us lol 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Well, if all she will do is game then go with Intel's chip, since only 30$ difference I'd choose intel, but if you do all manually you can get away with only 300$ for both motherboard and cpu. AMD is very good for future-proof gaming, it will last, but again with only gaming intel is going to deliver better slightly better performance, but if you can build it by yourself you can get mobo and cpu to 300 to 350$  

Tho remember Z390 has 1.4b HDMI and DP 1.2 

while B450 has 2.0 HDMI and 1.4 DP

1 minute ago, Klemen said:

Well, if all she will do is game then go with Intel's chip, since only 30$ difference I'd choose intel,

not in this case she is streaming 

i cant disagree with better single threaded performance from the 9600k but the difference is VERY  little so i would still go with the 3600 for more versatility  

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

not in this case she is streaming 

i cant disagree with better single threaded performance from the 9600k but the difference is VERY  little so i would still go with the 3600 for more versatility  

yea, with 3600 she wont noticed any drawback

3 minutes ago, Viper9 said:

Go Ryzen! 

pretty much 

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, didllaz said:

The AMD bundle, much better multicore as opposed to slightly better single threaded perf on the intel side.

tl;dr: AMD, intel isn't worth the trade off

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9