Regular fans power

Famous

Hello,

i have an Asus Rog Strix X570 E - Gaming MO in a Fractal Meshify C case. I have 2 fans that came with the case and i bought 3 Noctua Redux PWM fans - 2x 140mm and 1x 120mm.

I dont have any splitters. 

My question...is it ok to plug the fans on different connectors (AIO pump, M.2 fan, water pump+,...)

Thank you for your time!

Zajeta slika.PNG

the only problem is that for example the fan on the AIO header will spin up when the CPU is under load... and so for the other headers. Some motherboards give you the option to turn this headers into normal fan-headers in the BIOS.   

9 minutes ago, Famous said:

Asus Rog Strix X570 E

2 fans

3 Noctua Redux PWM fans

I dont have any splitters. 

My question...is it ok to plug the fans on different connectors (AIO pump, M.2 fan, water pump+,...)

Thank you for your time!

image.thumb.png.d30ce3bbf8a172ffe1a82abc9eb50803.png

I would avoid AIO_PUMP and W_PUMP+ (because it will be running at full speed at all times), but the others are fine.

That leaves you with 5 headers, including CPU an CPU_OPT. I assume you have a cooler with 1 or more fans too, so you probably need to get a splitter of some kind to install 5+ fans on 5 headers (assuming none of your fans came with a splitter).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Thank you for your response.

I have a Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU (2 fans) cooler which came with an Y splitter that i used and connected into CPU_FAN header.One fractal fan on the top is in CPU_OPT header, second fractal fan in the rear is in CHA_FAN1, the front two Noctua 140 mm fans PWM are connected in M.2_FAN and CHA_FAN2.

The 120 mm PWM one (im still waiting...did not came as i expected) will go to the rear and replace the fractal one which will go on the top.

What do you think?

Can you recommend/post a link to a splitter that would fit in this configuration?

MO.jpg

08000FF1-ABA3-4928-A8C1-80B4B51CF37E.jpg

Check out the aio_pump settings. You can probably just use it as a regular fan header. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.