Help me build a £400 gaming PC.

Hello guys. So my friend wants me to build him a PC which will be able to run Fortnite at around 144 fps. He doesn't have much money so his budget is around £400. I have a build in mind but I would like your opinion. I'm from UK if that helps.

You might be able to manage it if you buy used parts, but with new components the budget is too low

Pizza is the best food group

1 minute ago, NZgamer said:

I just proved you wrong 😎

35 over and sketchy PSU aside, you have. Well done.

I can get a 500w psu for around £32 from a brand I've used for many years and I could get 2666mhz ram which is £10 cheaper so I could get it a bit close to that 40p mark. Thanks for your help. My part list was very similar but this one seems better 

Does that board need a bios update to run the 3200g?

7 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

35 isn't much and FSP make reliable power supplies, where's your proof that they don't? I have a Bestec PSU in some prebuilt from 2005 and that's still running, had no problems with it. YouTuber Budget Builds recommends them on tight budgets, even the silver ones. I don't see where the problem is.

Was just using the PSU tier list, if you've had no issues with them then I'll trust your input.

Was taught to never cheap on a PSU, and having it not be certified at all made me weary.

Yeah when I was looking for psu on Amazon I saw a company called areocool who had 4.6 with like 1000 reviews and I did some resuch on them and found out they were the only good cheaper psu brand

14 minutes ago, AaronHighley said:

I can get a 500w psu for around £32 from a brand I've used for many years and I could get 2666mhz ram which is £10 cheaper so I could get it a bit close to that 40p mark. Thanks for your help. My part list was very similar but this one seems better 

Don't buy a PSU from some brand just because you used one that didn't fail before. A dead PSU can cost tons more than than the few pounds you save over a much better unit.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£67.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4-F Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£68.72 @ CCL Computers) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£69.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£30.62 @ MyMemory) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 570 8 GB Video Card  (£124.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Case: GameMax Expedition MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£26.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: be quiet! System Power 9 400 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£43.98 @ Aria PC) 
Total: £433.26
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-13 02:27 BST+0100

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

8 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

Don't buy a PSU from some brand just because you used one that didn't fail before. A dead PSU can cost tons more than than the few pounds you save over a much better unit.

YouTubers like Greg Salazar (510k subs) have used areocool psu in budget builds 

32 minutes ago, AaronHighley said:

YouTubers like Greg Salazar (510k subs) have used areocool psu in budget builds 

Which is one of the reasons why PC Youtubers very rarely make good part lists. They skimp on the PSU first and foremost, preferring to recommend ultra cheap, bad units because they happen to be sold by EVGA or Seasonic.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler