New rear case fan rgb not working.

jiggyboyflacko

Just bought myself a 120mm rear case fan (Corsair iCUE SP120) to put into my mattrex 55 add rgb case. After installing I noticed that when I turned it on, only a 4th of the rgb in the fan is turned on. I will attach a photo below. I also have a h100i platinum cooling system and I could not hook up the rgb pin to the cooling system because I don't have an extra slot for it to be attached too. The cord that says attach to rgb hub I connected to my motherboard (asrock b450 pro) in the RGB_LED1 slot. Did I do something wrong? I don't have one of those RGB controllers and I don't really want to purchase one, but is that what I need in this situation?

fan.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Mobo: Asrock B450 Pro4

Memory: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200mhz

GPU: RTX MSI 2060 Super 

Case: Matrexx 55 Midtower

Storage: Inland 512 M.2 SSD

PSU: 650W Corsair Bronze PSU

Cooling: H100i Platinum RGB

Answered my own question, its ARGB.  Its possible that you have connected it to an OG 12v RGB header, double check your MB manual.  If it says 12v G B R for the pinout, you have likely damaged the fan.

ADDR_LED1 should be what you connected it to on the MB.  RGB_LED1 will damage addressable LED parts because it is 12v and not 5v.

Corsair uses propitiatory ARGB connectors. You need to use their controller hub, there's no other way. If you have forced connector into your mobos ARGB, its likely that header, connector or both have been permanently damaged. If you connected to 12V RGB, you've probably blown up rest of the LEDs there.

Where did you even get this fan? Corsair doesn't have them listed as single packs.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Corsair uses propitiatory ARGB connectors. You need to use their controller hub, there's no other way. If you have forced connector into your mobos ARGB, its likely that header, connector or both have been permanently damaged. If you connected to 12V RGB, you've probably blown up rest of the LEDs there.

Where did you even get this fan? Corsair doesn't have them listed as single packs.

got it on amazon. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Mobo: Asrock B450 Pro4

Memory: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200mhz

GPU: RTX MSI 2060 Super 

Case: Matrexx 55 Midtower

Storage: Inland 512 M.2 SSD

PSU: 650W Corsair Bronze PSU

Cooling: H100i Platinum RGB

4 hours ago, jiggyboyflacko said:

got it on amazon. 

Can't see them being sold as single packs. 3-packs would come with hub. How are you connecting AIO RGB?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv