First pc build

This is my first pc build, I have close to no idea what I’m doing but I made a parts picker based off things I do know, I’m wondering if these parts are compatible and if the specs in this pc are good for years to come thank you guys in advance ❤️
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/29DT9G

-= Topic moved to New Builds and Planning =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

its pretty good but i think you could save some money on the second monitor by going with sth that doesnt have 144hz

Just now, ki8aras said:

its pretty good but i think you could save some money on the second monitor by going with sth that doesnt have 144hz

Try to go for a cheaper monitor because I can only game on one? Sorry ima ps4 noob😢

Just now, Nelly224 said:

Try to go for a cheaper monitor because I can only game on one? Sorry ima ps4 noob😢

Unless you plan on using Nvidia Surround to make 2 monitors into 1 big monitor your better off going with 1 144hz and 1 60hz monitor

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

Just now, Guiltyx said:

Unless you plan on using Nvidia Surround to make 2 monitors into 1 big monitor your better off going with 1 144hz and 1 60hz monitor

I feel like it will look weird if I have 2 different monitors what do you think?

1 minute ago, Nelly224 said:

you can game on 2 monitors but the crosshair will be in the middle(where the monitors meet)

so i f you want to go for a cheaper one and get a better primary monitor with the extra money

yeah I assume you'll use one for gaming and the second for other sutff. get it as the same size and resolution, but lower frequency.

also, the wd blue isn't nvme. it's sata in m.2 shape. you can find nvme drives for the same price that are 3-4 times faster.

I feel like it will look weird if I have 2 different monitors what do you think?

You can sometimes find monitors that look similar e.g. I have a samsung 27inch 144hz monitor that matches my samsung 27 inch 60hz monitor

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

if you only game then you need to get better graphics card for years to come.

for ~1700 budget i'm sure there's much room for rebalance and get a much better graphics card

i recently upgraded my pc and the previous setup cost ~1800 and lasted me 6 yrs, mainly because the friend who built it for me made the wise choices of going with a 4 core cpu and at then last gen's top graphics card being gtx780ti. You won't believe how well they ran even most of today's game. I only upgraded them because I wanted to play monster hunter world at ultra setting at 2560x1080 (mainly the CPU couldn't keep up because it's a cpu intensive game).

Edited by LjjlijJ
supplement info

Please give kudos if you find someone's reply helpful 😃

<'><  <'><  <'><

In case you wonder about my forum name, it's either Cthulhu or two dwarves about to make out ;)

Now that you've seen it, can you unsee it?

<">{   <">{   <">{

Get motion sickness playing FPS =(

" ({) "   " ({) "   " ({) "

"You so ugly you scaring away the fish!"

>>>><<<<

>>> "BOOB JOB" <<<

Ryzen 3600
MSI B450m Mortar Max
2 x Corsair low clearance DDR4 8G 3200MHz C16

GeForce GTX 780 Ti (temporarily downgraded)
Silverstone FT03
Samsung EVO 2.5" SSD 500G (boot) + WD SN550 1TB (game lib)

WD Elements 3.5" HDD 1.5T (storage; pulled from an old external drive)
Seasonic SS-660XPII 660W 80Plus Platinum Ver II
DeepCool Gammaxx GT (CPU)
Silverstone AB120R (intake)
2 x Silverstone AP81 (intake)
Silversrone FN121-P (exhaust)

AG AGON AG323QCXE (What a hidden gem)

NiZ Plum Electro-capacitive Keyboard
Logitech G703 Hero Lightspeed

Koss Sporta 
Windows 10 Pro

>>>><<<<

Linksys WRT1900ACS (rocking OpenWrt)

WD Elements 5T external HDD (network backup drive)

5 minutes ago, LjjlijJ said:

if you only game then you need to get better graphics card for years to come.

for ~1700 budget i'm sure there's much room for rebalance and get a much better graphics card

Hollyyyyy... a better graphics card I feel like the one I have kinda breaking the bank😂 how soon would I have to upgrade it do you think? And do you think the pc I have there is gonna be better than next gen consoles?

8 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

yeah I assume you'll use one for gaming and the second for other sutff. get it as the same size and resolution, but lower frequency.

also, the wd blue isn't nvme. it's sata in m.2 shape. you can find nvme drives for the same price that are 3-4 times faster.

Thank you I picked the crucial p2 

2 minutes ago, Nelly224 said:

Thank you I picked the crucial p2 

The Team or Pioneer are better for the extra $5.

Just now, lee32uk said:

The Team or Pioneer are better for the extra $5.

It says I’m having a comparability issue with the sata 6.0 is there a reason for that or with my mobo there shouldn’t be a problem with my storage options ?

5 minutes ago, Nelly224 said:

Hollyyyyy... a better graphics card I feel like the one I have kinda breaking the bank😂 how soon would I have to upgrade it do you think? And do you think the pc I have there is gonna be better than next gen consoles?

generally graphics cards are the main reason why gaming rigs are expensive. it's not uncommon for a graphics card to take up 50% of one's budget.

Not sure how long 2060 will last because no one knows the future for certain, but it's not a high starting point for sure.

Please give kudos if you find someone's reply helpful 😃

<'><  <'><  <'><

In case you wonder about my forum name, it's either Cthulhu or two dwarves about to make out ;)

Now that you've seen it, can you unsee it?

<">{   <">{   <">{

Get motion sickness playing FPS =(

" ({) "   " ({) "   " ({) "

"You so ugly you scaring away the fish!"

>>>><<<<

>>> "BOOB JOB" <<<

Ryzen 3600
MSI B450m Mortar Max
2 x Corsair low clearance DDR4 8G 3200MHz C16

GeForce GTX 780 Ti (temporarily downgraded)
Silverstone FT03
Samsung EVO 2.5" SSD 500G (boot) + WD SN550 1TB (game lib)

WD Elements 3.5" HDD 1.5T (storage; pulled from an old external drive)
Seasonic SS-660XPII 660W 80Plus Platinum Ver II
DeepCool Gammaxx GT (CPU)
Silverstone AB120R (intake)
2 x Silverstone AP81 (intake)
Silversrone FN121-P (exhaust)

AG AGON AG323QCXE (What a hidden gem)

NiZ Plum Electro-capacitive Keyboard
Logitech G703 Hero Lightspeed

Koss Sporta 
Windows 10 Pro

>>>><<<<

Linksys WRT1900ACS (rocking OpenWrt)

WD Elements 5T external HDD (network backup drive)

3 minutes ago, LjjlijJ said:

generally graphics cards are the main reason why gaming rigs are expensive. it's not uncommon for a graphics card to take up 50% of one's budget.

Not sure how long 2060 will last because no one knows the future for certain, but it's not a high starting point for sure.

Thank you! Will it be enough to run triple a titles at high frame rates for example cod and gta

It says I’m having a comparability issue with the sata 6.0 is there a reason for that or with my mobo there shouldn’t be a problem with my storage options ?

Just means a sata port or two will be disabled when using the M.2 slot. The Tomahawk has 6 sata ports so not really an issue to lose a couple. You would only need 1 for the HDD.

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

Just means a sata port or two will be disabled when using the M.2 slot. The Tomahawk has 6 sata ports so not really an issue to lose a couple. You would only need 1 for the HDD.

Lol thank you that confused me a lot. What would you say with my parts would be the first thing to look to upgrade, when I get this I wouldn’t wanna upgrade anything for at least the firsf 2 years 

34 minutes ago, Nelly224 said:

This is my first pc build, I have close to no idea what I’m doing but I made a parts picker based off things I do know, I’m wondering if these parts are compatible and if the specs in this pc are good for years to come thank you guys in advance ❤️

Man I’m feeling the love from the pc community already❤️ Do you guys think I should buy my pc ASAP or wait for quarantine to end due to potential price drops?

Lol thank you that confused me a lot. What would you say with my parts would be the first thing to look to upgrade, when I get this I wouldn’t wanna upgrade anything for at least the firsf 2 years 

An R5 3600 and mid range gpu should be fine for two years. Of course it depends on what sort of settings and framerate you want. If you are fine with running games with lower settings when it starts to struggle a bit then you can make it last that bit longer.

2 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

An R5 3600 and mid range gpu should be fine for two years. Of course it depends on what sort of settings and framerate you want. If you are fine with running games with lower settings when it starts to struggle a bit then you can make it last that bit longer.

So if I wanted to play war zone cod, gta, and cyberpunk when it comes out on high settings I won’t get 2 years out of the 3600? And also how will I know when I need to upgrade parts like my motherboard that’s what confuses me

2 minutes ago, Nelly224 said:

So if I wanted to play war zone cod, gta, and cyberpunk when it comes out on high settings I won’t get 2 years out of the 3600? And also how will I know when I need to upgrade parts like my motherboard that’s what confuses me

The cpu can usually last longer than the gpu before needing an upgrade. A 6 core/ 12 thread cpu should be fine. A 2060 Super is fine for 1080p but of course it depends on each game regarding settings as some are more demanding etc. You should be able to run those games on V.High settings without any problems though. If you are not set on Nvidia then an RX 5700/XT is usually better value.

The motherboard won't need an upgrade unless you wanted to go with a Ryzen 4000 cpu. You can still upgrade the cpu to a 3700X, 3900X or 3950X on that B450 board.

5 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

The cpu can usually last longer than the gpu before needing an upgrade. A 6 core/ 12 thread cpu should be fine. A 2060 Super is fine for 1080p but of course it depends on each game regarding settings as some are more demanding etc. You should be able to run those games on V.High settings without any problems though. If you are not set on Nvidia then an RX 5700/XT is usually better value.

The motherboard won't need an upgrade unless you wanted to go with a Ryzen 4000 cpu. You can still upgrade the cpu to a 3700X, 3900X or 3950X on that B450 board.

Would you say the rx is better than the one I have? I also don’t know what advantages nvidea has over others