First pc build

49 minutes ago, Nelly224 said:

Thank you! Will it be enough to run triple a titles at high frame rates for example cod and gta

google and youtube. people run gaming benchmarks on specific hardware all over the internet.

a few tips which should stand valid today:

1. the newly released ryzen 3300x is really good value for money. benchmarks show its gaming performance is on par with 3600

1a. within reason, don't sacrifice a better graphics card for a better cpu. for gaming, graphics card is most often the bottleneck. again, my four core cpu from 6 yrs ago, together with a 780ti, lasted me 6 yrs.

2. for gaming, 2.5 inch sata ssd won't perform any worse than pcie m.2 ssd.

3. Do you REALLY need two monitors?

4. do consider amd graphics card. rx 5700xt is really good value. plus, freesync monitors are much much more firendly priced.

5. a rx 5700 with efficient cooling can be flashed with 5700xt bios and get a very meaningful performance boost. (ignore this if you don't know what i'm talking about)

6. if you are not a professional gamer, don't waste money on "premium" gaming mouse and keyboard. they may not even make marginal differences.

7. you should value more the fps your graphics card can pump out than the monitor refresh rate, if not down the track you may regret it when your got a 240hz monitor but only 50fps.

8. RGB hardwarw is for vanity.

9. the same graphics card from a better brand can cost significantly more but may not provide any better fps at all.

9. Get a decent case, a reliable (not necessarily better spec'ed) harddrive and a GOOD power supply. Years down the track if anything don't have to be changed it would be these.

Edited by LjjlijJ
supplement info

Please give kudos if you find someone's reply helpful 😃

<'><  <'><  <'><

In case you wonder about my forum name, it's either Cthulhu or two dwarves about to make out ;)

Now that you've seen it, can you unsee it?

<">{   <">{   <">{

Get motion sickness playing FPS =(

" ({) "   " ({) "   " ({) "

"You so ugly you scaring away the fish!"

>>>><<<<

>>> "BOOB JOB" <<<

Ryzen 3600
MSI B450m Mortar Max
2 x Corsair low clearance DDR4 8G 3200MHz C16

GeForce GTX 780 Ti (temporarily downgraded)
Silverstone FT03
Samsung EVO 2.5" SSD 500G (boot) + WD SN550 1TB (game lib)

WD Elements 3.5" HDD 1.5T (storage; pulled from an old external drive)
Seasonic SS-660XPII 660W 80Plus Platinum Ver II
DeepCool Gammaxx GT (CPU)
Silverstone AB120R (intake)
2 x Silverstone AP81 (intake)
Silversrone FN121-P (exhaust)

AG AGON AG323QCXE (What a hidden gem)

NiZ Plum Electro-capacitive Keyboard
Logitech G703 Hero Lightspeed

Koss Sporta 
Windows 10 Pro

>>>><<<<

Linksys WRT1900ACS (rocking OpenWrt)

WD Elements 5T external HDD (network backup drive)

3 minutes ago, LjjlijJ said:

google and youtube. people run gaming benchmarks on specific hardware all over the internet.

a few tips which should stand valid today:

1. the newly released ryzen 3300x is really good value for money. benchmarks show its gaming performance is on par with 3600

2. for gaming, 2.5 inch sata ssd won't perform any worse than pcie m.2 ssd.

3. Do you REALLY need two monitors?

4. do consider amd graphics card. rx 5700xt is really good value. plus, freesync monitors are much much more firendly priced.

5. a rx 5700 with efficient cooling can be flashed with 5700xt bios and get a very meaningful performance boost. (ignore this if you don't know what i'm talking about)

6. if you are not a professional gamer, don't waste money on "premium" gaming mouse and keyboard. they may not even make marginal differences.

7. you should value more the fps your graphics card can pump out than the monitor refresh rate, if not down the track you may regret it when your got a 240hz monitor but only 50fps.

8. RGB hardwarw is for vanity.

9. the same graphics card from a better brand can cost significantly more but may not provide any better fps at all.

9. Get a decent case, a reliable (not better spec'ed) harddrive and a GOOD power supply. Years down the track if anything don't have to be changed it would be these.

Thank you I appreciate it. The rgb lights and 2 monitors are mostly just personal preference for me and the m+k. The monitor I found with my parts benchmarked should be just a little above the FPS so hopefully I won’t have to upgrade it for a while. I think I’m going to go with https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3sJmP6/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-super-8-gb-video-card-900-1g180-2515-000

this graphics card hopefully I can use it for 2-3 years without needing an upgrade to badly.

9 minutes ago, Nelly224 said:

Thank you I appreciate it. The rgb lights and 2 monitors are mostly just personal preference for me and the m+k. The monitor I found with my parts benchmarked should be just a little above the FPS so hopefully I won’t have to upgrade it for a while. I think I’m going to go with https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3sJmP6/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-super-8-gb-video-card-900-1g180-2515-000

this graphics card hopefully I can use it for 2-3 years without needing an upgrade to badly.

no worries. suggestions are food for thought. you don't have to follow them.

Please give kudos if you find someone's reply helpful 😃

<'><  <'><  <'><

In case you wonder about my forum name, it's either Cthulhu or two dwarves about to make out ;)

Now that you've seen it, can you unsee it?

<">{   <">{   <">{

Get motion sickness playing FPS =(

" ({) "   " ({) "   " ({) "

"You so ugly you scaring away the fish!"

>>>><<<<

>>> "BOOB JOB" <<<

Ryzen 3600
MSI B450m Mortar Max
2 x Corsair low clearance DDR4 8G 3200MHz C16

GeForce GTX 780 Ti (temporarily downgraded)
Silverstone FT03
Samsung EVO 2.5" SSD 500G (boot) + WD SN550 1TB (game lib)

WD Elements 3.5" HDD 1.5T (storage; pulled from an old external drive)
Seasonic SS-660XPII 660W 80Plus Platinum Ver II
DeepCool Gammaxx GT (CPU)
Silverstone AB120R (intake)
2 x Silverstone AP81 (intake)
Silversrone FN121-P (exhaust)

AG AGON AG323QCXE (What a hidden gem)

NiZ Plum Electro-capacitive Keyboard
Logitech G703 Hero Lightspeed

Koss Sporta 
Windows 10 Pro

>>>><<<<

Linksys WRT1900ACS (rocking OpenWrt)

WD Elements 5T external HDD (network backup drive)

27 minutes ago, Nelly224 said:

Would you say the rx is better than the one I have? I also don’t know what advantages nvidea has over others

The AMD gpu's are usually cheaper. 

You can get a Gigabyte RX 5700XT for less than the price of that EVGA 2060 Super assuming you are buying from US stores. The 5700XT is faster than the 2060S in most games, and isn't that far off a 2070S. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6kdrxr/gigabyte-radeon-rx-5700-xt-8-gb-gaming-oc-video-card-gv-r57xtgaming-oc-8gd

7 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

The AMD gpu's are usually cheaper. 

You can get a Gigabyte RX 5700XT for less than the price of that EVGA 2060 Super assuming you are buying from US stores. The 5700XT is faster than the 2060S in most games, and isn't that far off a 2070S. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6kdrxr/gigabyte-radeon-rx-5700-xt-8-gb-gaming-oc-video-card-gv-r57xtgaming-oc-8gd

Thanks man I appreciate it! Final question this is my updated parts list and if I go with my 2070 super or the card you suggested regardless are the parts compatible and will they fit in my case? Also I’m a Man U fan unfortunately 😂

19 minutes ago, LjjlijJ said:

no worries. suggestions are food for thought. you don't have to follow them.

That’s true thanks for the help. Anything’s better than console anyway 😂

9 minutes ago, Nelly224 said:

You would be fine with a 650W psu like the Cooler Master MWE Gold for $99. The Gigabyte RX 5700XT would save you $90 but if you prefer Nvidia then that is fine.

Everything will fit in that case.

Man U fan myself, although I find myself watching the NFL (Steelers fan) more than football these days. 

8 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

You would be fine with a 650W psu like the Cooler Master MWE Gold for $99. The Gigabyte RX 5700XT would save you $90 but if you prefer Nvidia then that is fine.

Everything will fit in that case.

Man U fan myself, although I find myself watching the NFL (Steelers fan) more than football these days. 

Yea I also watch more nfl but being a lions fan from birth isn’t that much fun 😂

5 minutes ago, Nelly224 said:

Yea I also watch more nfl but being a lions fan from birth isn’t that much fun 😂

They had a pretty good draft though didn't they ? At least better than Green Bay's 😬 

48 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

They had a pretty good draft though didn't they ? At least better than Green Bay's 😬 

Yea we got the best corner in the draft and greenbay struggled but looks like they got a good replacement when Aaron Rodgers retires