Nvme?

Hendricks3

today i just finished my wife's build and as i went to install windows i noticed it takes a ridiculous amount of time for the Bios to show up and her nvme wont show up under the Bios or while trying to install windows?

is the m.2 slot capable of running an nvme ssd? some are just able to detect an m.2 sata

1 minute ago, _Omega_ said:

is the m.2 slot capable of running an nvme ssd? some are just able to detect an m.2 sata

yea i have the same mobo and i have a sabrent 1tb nvme on it

5 minutes ago, Hendricks3 said:

today i just finished my wife's build and as i went to install windows i noticed it takes a ridiculous amount of time for the Bios to show up and her nvme wont show up under the Bios or while trying to install windows?

What SSD and motherboard are you using?

Have you set up any memory overclock? (XMP, XAMP, DOCP, etc.)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I don’t think that’s the reason but try to just clean the contacts with some IPA just to be sure

Just now, minibois said:

msi b450i gaming plus and a crucial 500gb p2

2 minutes ago, Hendricks3 said:

msi b450i gaming plus and a crucial 500gb p2

If you're using a Ryzen CPU in that system (as opposed to an Athlon CPU), the BIOS should see the drive.

Chances are either the connection is not good (try reseating it) or the SSD/mobo is faulty (I would try the drive in your system to make sure the  drive is okay).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, _Omega_ said:

have you updated the bios?

yea it came with the latest Bios from the retailer 

7 minutes ago, Hendricks3 said:

yea i have the same mobo and i have a sabrent 1tb nvme on it

That should be pretty simple to trouble shoot then, try your SSD in her system and her SSD in your system to see if the problem is with the motherboard or SSD.

1 minute ago, The_russian said:

That should be pretty simple to trouble shoot then, try your SSD in her system and her SSD in your system to see if the problem is with the motherboard or SSD.

i'd rather not lol its in the back of the mobo and i really am not trying to have both pcs disassemble its a chore and i dont feel like it

49 minutes ago, minibois said:

i resit it and the memory appears as auto but running at 2666mhz for some reason and resitting it didnt do anything

54 minutes ago, The_russian said:

I took out the nvme and put it in my living room pc and it takes ages to load into the bios and it doesn’t show up so im guessing a faulty nvme?

4 minutes ago, Hendricks3 said:

I took out the nvme and put it in my living room pc and it takes ages to load into the bios and it doesn’t show up so im guessing a faulty nvme?

That's what the symptoms are pointing too, if possible I would try a different SSD in the wife's computer to see if it boots normally and is detected in bios, just to make sure. 

2 minutes ago, The_russian said:

That's what the symptoms are pointing too, if possible I would try a different SSD in the wife's computer to see if it boots normally and is detected in bios, just to make sure. 

yea i bought her a 2tb hdd ima try it now