Pc built with bitfenix colossus.

Hi, 

I would like to built a Pc for my brother around $1200, this includes monitor, parts, case, OS...

The biggest problem I have is being sure things fit in this case, so I'll ask it you guys! What parts do you recommend me? :D

This are my requirements:

- bitfenix colossus mini case

- possibility to use nvidia shadowplay (so gtx650 or higher)

- I prefer intel processors

If you want to help me just comment your parts or tips in the description :)

Thanks in advance. 

CPU: 4770k @ 4.6 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G-Skill Trident X 16GB @ 1866 COOLER: EK Custom Loop (Supremacy/780 Block/360mm/280mm/MCP35X/Bitspower Res) GPU: Galaxy GTX 780 HOF @1425  STORAGE: 120GB/240GB Samsung 840 Evo, 2TB WD Black, 3TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: EVGA Supenova 1000G2 Case: Corsair 750D with 140mm Akasa Vipers MONITOR: Asus VG248QE

I'm guessing you mean the Colossus Mini, since you're worried about size? Do you want the MicroATX or the MiniITX version? They're about the same size I think, but the insides are vastly different.

With the mATX, as long as you get a mATX or mITX motherboard, you should be fine. Even the longest graphics cards should fit (though you might need to take out the optical drive). If you get the mITX case, you need a mITX motherboard. Those are pretty much the only size requirements.

A little more info is needed for specific parts though. Are you just gaming? Doing anything like video editing? What country are you in, so we know what budget you have? Those will help us suggest specific parts.

Workstation: i7-4930k | Asus Rampage IV Gene | Reference GTX 780 | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO | Corsair RM650 | MidNight Black BitFenix Prodigy M

Old Rigi5-2500k @ 4.7 GHz | Asus P8P67 Deluxe | EVGA GTX 560 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | 240 GB Samsung 830 Pro | 1TB Hitachi | CoolerMaster Storm Scout (1)

Hi, 

I would like to built a Pc for my brother around $1200, this includes monitor, parts, case, OS...

The biggest problem I have is being sure things fit in this case, so I'll ask it you guys! What parts do you recommend me? :D

This are my requirements:

- bitfenix colossus case

- possibility to use nvidia shadowplay (so gtx650 or higher)

- I prefer intel processors

If you want to help me just comment your parts or tips in the description :)

Thanks in advance. 

Im finding it difficult to get an i5 into that budget with everything else

I'm guessing you mean the Colossus Mini, since you're worried about size? Do you want the MicroATX or the MiniITX version? They're about the same size I think, but the insides are vastly different.

With the mATX, as long as you get a mATX or mITX motherboard, you should be fine. Even the longest graphics cards should fit (though you might need to take out the optical drive). If you get the mITX case, you need a mITX motherboard. Those are pretty much the only size requirements.

A little more info is needed for specific parts though. Are you just gaming? Doing anything like video editing? What country are you in, so we know what budget you have? Those will help us suggest specific parts.

Yes, I mean the mini, srry I didn't mentioned that. My brother is not planning to make any videos, so no editing required. But He would like to save some moments though, that's why I'm looking for an nvidia graphics card (so I can use shadowplay :)

Im finding it difficult to get an i5 into that budget with everything else

The price doesn't has to be exactly $1200, a little less or more is good for me.

The price doesn't has to be exactly $1200, a little less or more is good for me.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2XZIl  I came up with this, it does not include the case as i could not find the case you wanted and I also did not include a mouse or keyboard as they are cheap to pick up in any computer store

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2XZXQ

Add your Monitor and OS

(I have the Volume Windows 8 Licence ^_^

That looks like an awesome build, maybe add an ssd.

This would work:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2Y0Es

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2XZIl  I came up with this, it does not include the case as i could not find the case you wanted and I also did not include a mouse or keyboard as they are cheap to pick up in any computer store

And this fits a mini ITX case? :D

That looks like an awesome build, maybe add an ssd.

This would work:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2Y0Es

I'll probably take that built, but that cooler looks pretty big, you're sure it fits the case? + the site says there are some compatibility issues: Kingston Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory operating voltage of 1.65V exceeds the Intel Haswell CPU recommended maximum of 1.5V+5% (1.575V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.5V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum.

Or is this not a big problem? :P

That cooler looks quite big, are you sure it fits the case?

It Should If you dont have a fan on the top of the case. 

It Should If you dont have a fan on the top of the case. 

Thanks for your help :)