Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Budget Dual Monitor setup for Coding

DMK
 Share

Requirement - I want a comfortable Dual Monitor setup for only Coding/Programming purpose and nothing else ( I don't play games but i do watch movies)

About Me  - I am a Computer Science Engineering Student from India. So, basically i do a lot of coding for like 10-12 hrs a day. My current setup has a 19" 720p TN panel Samsung monitor which i have been using it for a long time and i always wanted to upgrade to something better because it lacks enough screen space for two windows side by side.

PC Specs - CPU- RYZEN 5 2600, Motherboard- MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC, GPU- AMD RADEON RX570 4GB, RAM- 8gb 3000mHz Corsair vengeance, PSU- TT 650 W, NO SSD, 1TB HDD

PROBLEM -

1) I have a tight budget of 400USD, and I want to buy 2 Monitors, a 8GB 3000mHz RAM, and probably a Dual Monitor arm.

2) I will be using one monitor as main (horizontal) and my side monitor will be either horizontal or vertical based on my work.

3) I want a good PPI so that the texts are clear and sharp. Low response time and high Refresh rate is not so important, 5ms 60hz will do.

4) Monitors I am confused about -

     LG 25UM58-p    (Plus Points - 111 PPI, 25", 21:9, High Res, VESA Support, Great rating, Good Vertical Monitor? )

     Dell P2419h       (Plus Points  - Slim Bezel, Great Stand, connectivity options. Minus points- costly, IPS bleed complains )

     BenQ GW2480   (Plus Points - Slim Bezel, Eye Care, Low Cost, VESA Support)

QUESTIONS - Should i go for two same dell monitors? 165 USD  each. or should I go for 1 LG(165 USD) as Vertical and 1 DELL or BENQ (130 USD) as main? or two BENQ? the arm and ram costs 70 USD and if I buy two DELL monitors then I wont need the arm (their stands are sufficient). is there any other option for good budget monitors for Programming?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, DMK said:

Requirement - I want a comfortable Dual Monitor setup for only Coding/Programming purpose and nothing else ( I

Do you guys not have like cheaper 4K TVs there? 32" or bigger? assuming it has chroma 4:4:4 anyways for text.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...
 

Spoiler

 

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

 

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

 

What games or other software do you need to run?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

@DMK Hello mate, I too live in India and am looking for a budget monitor for gaming and watching movies. I've finally decided on

LG 22MP68VQ. Its a 22inch FHD monitor with 5ms response time and 60Hz default refresh rate (supports AMD Freesync with 75Hz). It has quite thin bezels and good color reproduction. It is also VESA certified, so it will support a wide range of stands.

I don't know from where you'll be buying, but is should cost around $225-250 for both of these. I personally think it is one of the best for the budget segment.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Do you guys not have like cheaper 4K TVs there? 32" or bigger? assuming it has chroma 4:4:4 anyways for text.

I don't really think looking at a that big TV up close for 10hrs a day will be comfortable. I prefer a monitor.

22 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

@DMK Hello mate, I too live in India and am looking for a budget monitor for gaming and watching movies. I've finally decided on

LG 22MP68VQ. Its a 22inch FHD monitor with 5ms response time and 60Hz default refresh rate (supports AMD Freesync with 75Hz). It has quite thin bezels and good color reproduction. It is also VESA certified, so it will support a wide range of stands.

I don't know from where you'll be buying, but is should cost around $225-250 for both of these. I personally think it is one of the best for the budget segment.

 

Okay, how is the quality? I can spend a little more. Prices now are little high due to COVID-19, so i am going to wait till prices drop down. Thanks for the suggestion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, DMK said:

 

@DMK As you can imagine, 1920×1080 pixels on a 22inch IPS monitor will be quite sharp, it comes factory calibrated, so good color reproduction. And since you want to do a dual monitor setup, thin bezels will work good for you. And don't forget the Vesa certification! 

I'm personally going to buy it, that is when delivery starts in my area. 

It's decently priced at ₹8500-₹8700 (Original price ₹11000), so I think you should go for it if you could find it at this price.

Hope it helps!

(◠‿◕)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

@DMK As you can imagine, 1920×1080 pixels on a 22inch IPS monitor will be quite sharp, it comes factory calibrated, so good color reproduction. And since you want to do a dual monitor setup, thin bezels will work good for you. And don't forget the Vesa certification! 

I'm personally going to buy it, that is when delivery starts in my area. 

It's decently priced at ₹8500-₹8700 (Original price ₹11000), so I think you should go for it if you could find it at this price.

Hope it helps!

(◠‿◕)

yes that definitely helps. yes you are right 22" FHD gives about 100 PPI so it will be sharp for sure.
Same problem here. delivery is closed at my area. Its a pretty decent option so thank you, still going to look for other options too. stay safe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×