Ryzen 3600 fan issue

Hello guys, I recently bought a new Ryzen 3600. After installing it, the fan keeps speeding up for a few seconds then slowing down then speeding up again. What can i do? motherboard bios is updated (b450m ds3h)

please help ! this is so annoying

28 minutes ago, Zubei said:

Hello guys, I recently bought a new Ryzen 3600. After installing it, the fan keeps speeding up for a few seconds then slowing down then speeding up again. What can i do? motherboard bios is updated (b450m ds3h)

please help ! this is so annoying

Can you show us the temps when the fans ramp up and the temps when they slow down 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Can you show us the temps when the fans ramp up and the temps when they slow down 

Yes, I would be interested to know the temps. And also what kind of CPU fan you are using.

What might be happening:

If you have fan capable of really low RPM (typically fans engineered to be very quiet), then the fan speed might drop below a 'failure' threshold set in BIOS. Your BIOS mistakenly thinks that your fan has failed, and turns all fans to max. RPM as a safety measure. The higher RPM fall within the expected range, so the speed will turn to normal, and the cycle repeats.

The solution would indeed be to tweak your fan curve / failure thresholds.

Set a manual fan curve in BIOS, the chip ramps temps very quickly when it turbos.

idle temps are constantly changing between 35c and 50c , sometimes even 60c but only for 1 sec then the fan speed up and temps drops to 40 again. Thats what i see using HWMonitor, also the fan is set to min 1880rpm and max 2191 rpm. But actually i dont think is a fan problem, it seems like the fan is only doing his job speeding up when the cpu reach 50-60c for no reason, am i wrong?