Possibly a stupid question..

RGBisKey

Hey everyone, recently I bought the Fractal Design Focus G and I'm preparing it to be built in the coming days. My stupid question is: How do I swap the fan placement?? Don't get me wrong, I know what screws are and how they work. Thing is the front case fans are screwed in with what looks like a specialized screw for the front. My case manual doesn't mention anything about what other screws to use in what's included and I don't think trying random screws willy nilly is a great idea. So please, help me figure out how to screw in a fan 😂

I'll include pics of the screw, front mounting holes, rear mounting holes, and screw holes on the fan:

20200509_203535.jpg

20200509_203622.jpg

20200509_203843.jpg

20200509_203944.jpg

You use regular fan screws in the back and those custom fan screws for the front.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Hey there. The Fractal Design Focus G seems to use the Silent Series LL 120mm fans as default case fans. I'm not sure if the screws are anything special, they seem to be a regular fan screws sheathed in some noise-isolating rubber fan mounts. If I'm correct, I'd just screw them in normally:

1. Sheathe the fan screw in the rubber fan mount.
  2. Insert the fan screw through the case fan's screw holes.
  3. Align the case fan with the holes in the case.
  4. Secure the fan to the case by screwing it in.

SourceFocus G Series Product Sheet and Silent Series LL Product Sheet by Fractal Design, Fractal Design Silent Series 120mm Fan Unboxing by Linus Tech Tips (YouTube).

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

6 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Hey there. The Fractal Design Focus G seems to use the Silent Series LL 120mm fans as default case fans. I'm not sure if the screws are anything special, they seem to be a regular fan screws sheathed in some noise-isolating rubber fan mounts. If I'm correct, I'd just screw them in normally:

1. Sheathe the fan screw in the rubber fan mount.
  2. Insert the fan screw through the case fan's screw holes.
  3. Align the case fan with the holes in the case.
  4. Secure the fan to the case by screwing it in.

SourceFocus G Series Product Sheet and Silent Series LL Product Sheet by Fractal Design, Fractal Design Silent Series 120mm Fan Unboxing by Linus Tech Tips (YouTube).

These fans came with the case. The only screws I have for them are the ones they were already in with. Those screws dont work because they're designed to be mounted at the front. They aren't the same as the noise isolating mounts. No other screw included will fit the hole. I think I'm just going to have to take a dust filter off from the top and use those screws

7 minutes ago, RGBisKey said:

These fans came with the case. The only screws I have for them are the ones they were already in with. Those screws dont work because they're designed to be mounted at the front. They aren't the same as the noise isolating mounts. No other screw included will fit the hole. I think I'm just going to have to take a dust filter off from the top and use those screws

Ahh, I think I understand now. I did a bit of digging, this was an answer I found:

It looks like the front fans on the Focus G are attached to machined holes, but the rear fan mount is designed for a more typical self-tapping fan screws. If you were to buy an additional fan for mounting at the rear of the case, it would typically come with these (or a similar vibration-reducing alternative) for mounting.

SourceFractal Design Focus G Live Build on PC Part Picker.

Also, the Fractal Design Focus G case accessories doesn't seem to include any fan screws. I'm guessing you'll have to purchase either some screws or an additional case fan?

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

1 minute ago, Eschew said:

Ahh, I think I understand now. I did a bit of digging, this was an answer I found:

SourceFractal Design Focus G Live Build on PC Part Picker.

Also, the Fractal Design Focus G case accessories doesn't seem to include any fan screws. I'm guessing you'll have to purchase either some screws or an additional case fan?

The 2 top dust filters seem to use screws that will work. So I guess if I dont buy more fans I just have to deal with a missing dust filter. At least it wont be a populated fan spot but still. Seems like not very much though went into that