undervolt i7 9750h

help me undervolting with intel xtreme tuning utility i try to undervolt but still getting high temperature i try core voltage offset -0.125 to -0.165 (after -0.165 windows crash) still getting high tempterature 94C ON 100% LOAD current turbo boost power max set to 60w and turbo boost short power max 90w 

do i need to change turbo boost power max also?

i7 9750h

rtx 2060

16gb ram

help me undervolting with intel xtreme tuning utility i try to undervolt but still getting high temperature i try core voltage offset -0.125 to -0.165 (after -0.165 windows crash) still getting high tempterature 94C ON 100% LOAD current turbo boost power max set to 60w and turbo boost short power max 90w 

do i need to change turbo boost power max also?

i7 9750h

rtx 2060

16gb ram

add

Have you verified that you are in fact getting a voltage offset, and if you are, are you getting lower temps compared to stock or higher clocks compared to stock? 8th and 9th gen mobile just runs toasty unless the cooling is up to snuff so you do have a thermal limit you're working against. You should specifically monitor your cpu power usage - if it's not in XTU run HWinfo64 side by side to get more data!

With throttlestop on a 8750H I can very easily get -100mv on core, cache, and SA, and that dropped my power draw by about 7-8W under load. You may have to invest time and effort into repasting your laptop or even liquid metalling it if you can't get the results you want. I personally went with that route and my CPU + GPU load temps still hover in the 80s.

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.

1 hour ago, ShadowChaser said:

throttlestop

It works but it is risky so if your willing on doing that and using throttle stop be careful

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

It works but it is risky so if your willing on doing that and using throttle stop be careful

There's no real danger with undervolting, btw, unlike overclocking. It's really free performance if you think about it so you might as well do it :) 

7 hours ago, ShadowChaser said:

There's no real danger with undervolting, btw, unlike overclocking. It's really free performance if you think about it so you might as well do it :) 

True to a degree 

But under volting could be unstable if you don't have a consistent and reliable PSU and motherboard aswell and if it wasn't it could cause spikes in power delivery which could render the machine unstable or in danger

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Whats the voltage you are getting then? Also, is this laptop? If yes, then it being laptop is bigger issue and you should take note what kind of load you are having on it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

True to a degree 

But under volting could be unstable if you don't have a consistent and reliable PSU and motherboard aswell and if it wasn't it could cause spikes in power delivery which could render the machine unstable or in danger

if you don't have good power delivery that risk is always present, not just when undervolting. I think we're maybe derailing this thread a little, though :D 

Just now, ShadowChaser said:

if you don't have good power delivery that risk is always present, not just when undervolting. I think we're maybe derailing this thread a little, though :D 

Well anyway I guess both of us are correct to some degree :)

Build Log: 

yes this is laptop i change the power setting also in intel extreme tuning utility now getting 80 max on 100% load before it was  boost power max set to 60w and turbo boost short power max 90w on default settings

is this safe to change power settings ?

99013470_695526881258507_6417857265478402048_o.jpg