I want to force Call of Duty Warzone to DirectX 11

Go to solution Solved by Husky,

I don't think it is possible to force the game to run using DirectX 11 as the game only supports DirectX 12 and is built on top of DirectX 12.

Also, as Statik above asked, why would you want to run it using DirectX 11? There is no benefit other than perhaps allowing older OSDs or performance metrics monitors to work, but there are newer versions of software for all of that anyway.

Hello all,

Here are my computer specs.

8700K, 2080 Super (445.87), 32GB RAM (20GB Page File), Windows 10 1909

I don't have any crashing errors or anything. The game runs fine but it ALWAYS goes into DirectX 12. I want to FORCE it to go to DirectX 11. I have tried -d3d11 in the additional command lines and it DOES NOT work.

Any other solutions?

Thank You

Why do you want it to run in Dx11?

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

I don't think it is possible to force the game to run using DirectX 11 as the game only supports DirectX 12 and is built on top of DirectX 12.

Also, as Statik above asked, why would you want to run it using DirectX 11? There is no benefit other than perhaps allowing older OSDs or performance metrics monitors to work, but there are newer versions of software for all of that anyway.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

2 minutes ago, Husky said:

Hmm, okay. Looks like it cannot run on DX11. I thought Windows 7 did not have DX12 support and assumed the game was capable of DX11 as it runs in Windows 7. I was wrong.

I prefer DX11 because I usually get stuttering with DX12, but if it isn't supported, then I have to live with it.

44 minutes ago, FullThrottle099 said:

Hmm, okay. Looks like it cannot run on DX11. I thought Windows 7 did not have DX12 support and assumed the game was capable of DX11 as it runs in Windows 7. I was wrong.

I prefer DX11 because I usually get stuttering with DX12, but if it isn't supported, then I have to live with it.

DirectX 12 was backported to Windows 7 in 2017 or so, because apparently, Windows 10 was not required to run DX12.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2020 at 1:13 PM, Husky said:

I just sign to answer back, I use to run it on directx 11, I was using a gtx 770, but now I use a rtx 2070 super and the game seens to know that and doesnt enable direct11 any more. So I think, if ur vga support 12 it will only use it, if doesnt support it will use 11.

Sorry the bad english.

bye