Webcam is upside down

FLOOR GANG

Hey guys,

I would like you to help me with a problem that came up. My webcam in my hp elitebook was working when I first bought it, but it started showing an error when I tried to open it some time later but the warranty ended so I didnt really care because I never used it...Sounds dumb I know. But what matters now is that I have to use it so i tried everything that came to my mind to fix it. So first thing I did was to update the drivers... the error went away but the camera was upside down.. since then I have reinstalled the drivers a couple of times, I have gone back to older versions, I have disabled and enabled the camera again, I have uptated drivers of other parts just in case it had something to do... I have run out of ideas so I ask for your help as a last hope before I go and buy one furstrated for the time I spend....I kinda took it personally. Btw my windows are also up to date.

Thank you in advance

Where does the post title come into this?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Where does the post title come into this?

My english suck, what should I rename it to?

29 minutes ago, FLOOR GANG said:

My english suck, what should I rename it to?

What did you mean by upside down?  In English this literally means head and feet reversed.  Like a headstand.  You might mean working incorrectly or messed up or some such. There are versions of upside down that also mean this but they tend to be antique. “Ass over teakettle” would be one, but it’s rarely used.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

What did you mean by upside down?  In English this literally means head and feet reversed.  Like a headstand.  You might mean working incorrectly or messed up or some such. There are versions of upside down that also mean this but they tend to be antique. “Ass over teakettle” would be one, but it’s rarely used.

Its legit upside down then, reversed I think is a proper way to say it also.

17 minutes ago, FLOOR GANG said:

Its legit upside down then, reversed I think is a proper way to say it also.

So when you use your webcam the person viewing the image sees a proper image but with what should be the top edge on the bottom edge.  Reversed could be left for right or opposite colors as well with video. All of these may be fixable in software. I sort of half wonder if the camera actually was installed upside down when it was manufactured.  Windows used to have screen flipping options but I’m sure they’ve changed location.  I think this is doable.  The first place I would look is camera options in windows settings.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

So when you use your webcam the person viewing the image sees a proper image but with what should be the top edge on the bottom edge.  Reversed could be left for right or opposite colors as well with video. All of these may be fixable in software. I sort of half wonder if the camera actually was installed upside down when it was manufactured.  Windows used to have screen flipping options but I’m sure they’ve changed location.  I think this is doable.  The first place I would look is camera options in windows settings.

I will search, thank you