Is their a software to organize pictures of items in an inventory?

Hello LTT forum I have a bit of a mountainous task ahead of me. I'm asking if there's a way to make if more efficient/organize.

Because of the pandemic right now we been scrambling to create an online store for the school and office supply store my family owns. I been tasked to picture the items we have to put on the website we're making. I've been given an excel file of our inventory it contains around 8,000 items (I'm just picturing around thousand or two thousand items), is there a program where it can take an item's name from the excel sheet, then create a folder/file system where I could just drop the pictures I taken? or any alternative way that a program could pair an item name from the excel file to picture/s?

Thanks for any points to the right direction

Maybe, or maybe not, but I have some ideas.  If you create a fix (or pre defined) number of images from each item and you go through the items in the same order as listed in the excel table. Then it's quite easy to put the images into separate folders. For example you make 5 pics from every item and then it's easy to group the images by 5 and put these groups into the corresponding folders. Does it make sense? With a little scripting it might just work.

ಠ_ಠ

I have worked with custom tools for database software doing this. For couple of companies. The way they have stuff is Excel with basic details and scanned documents using same identifying number in file names as spreadsheet has. Then the custom form to add database entries and renaming PDF/picture files to match database entry. There's lot of manual things to do, so per entry process ranges from 15 minutes to 1h.

So, database system would be best, and maybe something like that LMG uses for their warehouse (https://kzsoftware.com/products/). Optimal being that when you make entry, it would rename pictures to have same identifying code as with actual entries. Plus with these purpose-made software if you are using barcodes, they will use that number as identifying code.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

I have worked with custom tools for database software doing this. For couple of companies. The way they have stuff is Excel with basic details and scanned documents using same identifying number in file names as spreadsheet has. Then the custom form to add database entries and renaming PDF/picture files to match database entry. There's lot of manual things to do, so per entry process ranges from 15 minutes to 1h.

Would you be so kind to explain me how this works? I am really curious.

So i can stick a USB cable into my DSLR and i can take pictures trough an API.  Sticking an another cable into a barcode scanner and now i can read barcodes. And how the process looks like? Read barcode, take pictures then press save?

It would be nice to know how amazon do things.

ಠ_ಠ

1 minute ago, shadow_ray said:

Would you be so kind to explain me how this works? I am really curious.

So i can stick a USB cable into my DSLR and i can take pictures trough an API.  Sticking an another cable into a barcode scanner and now i can read barcodes. And how the process looks like? Read barcode, take pictures then press save?

It would be nice to know how amazon do things.

There's form where I input certain info and then use file browser to select PDF/image files. The software renames those files based on premade scheme. The barcode part would come that it automatically seaches correct records from database. So when setup correctly, you read barcode to open correct record, then use tool to select which images belong to that record -> software renames files. The tool I used didn't make/move files/folders, that part was done by hand. But its easy to do that since you can use Windows file search to select based on files names.havaintotalllennus.thumb.PNG.731eedb5ee83dd7873ca71bc8560c8d9.PNG

Here's what the form looks like. And this really is custom made tool. The base software is ArcGIS Desktop (I was working for Geological Survey of Finland, digitizing field notes from another researcher). In the "component list", first item (Paljastumakuva, outcrop picture) is renamed PDF file.

The companies might have some other software for document management. Handling reports and such. But I didn't use any of those so can't say if they were custom made or using some other software.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv