College-Gaming Build!

I've done extensive research over the past month or so on all of the components listed in this build but I would like some additional feedback from an experienced community.  Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated and I have a few questions/concerns.  This will be my first time building a computer from start to finish and I'm trying to buy components that will work well together and make this a relatively stress-free process.  For reference, I will be using this PC for all of my school work (slight video editing, Photoshop, Word Docs, PowerPoints, etc) gaming (CSGO, PUBG, Battlefield V, Rainbow 6) and all normal web browsing (Netflix, YouTube, Twitch, etc.)  I'd like to stick with 1080p gaming at medium-high settings to pair with my 144hz 1ms monitor from ASUS.  Right now I have an AMD A8-6500, GTX 950, 2TB HDD, random brand 16GB DDR3 1600 and no SSD.  Clearly this is not cutting it so here's my potential build list (max budget around $850):

$115        MBD            B450 Tomahawk Max   or   Micro-ATX B450M PRO-VDH Max (-$30)   --- What's the real difference between Micro-ATX and ATX?  Is it worth?

$170        CPU             Ryzen 5 3600   or   Ryzen 5 3600x (+$30)   --- Is the higher frequency worth it??

$230        GPU             Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super 6GB OC   or   Gigabyte RX 5600XT 6GB OC (+$60)   --- Has AMD resolved their bios issues and are AMD GPUs reliable?

$85          RAM            RipJaws 2x8GB 3600Mhz CL16

$50          HDD            Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM

$75          SSD              WD Black SN750 M.2 NVME 500GB   or   ADATA SU800 SATA III 512GB (-$20)   --- Is an NVME really worth the extra money?  Visual difference?

$65          PSU             CoolerMaster 500w 80+ Bronze (already own)   --- Is this enough for the build I'm considering?  I'd hate to buy a new PSU since this one is pretty new.

$90          Case            Fractal Design Meshify C   or   darkFlash DLM21 MESH (-$25)   --- Might buy additional fans if needed (I don't care for RBG)

$815        Total

Thanks in advance! :D

24 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

Deciding between Micro ATX and ATX is really your choice, MicroATX is smaller and cheaper so if you want to get the most price to performance, I recommend mATX.

Don't bother with the X mode, it doesn't add much

Other than that the rest looks good

Great, thanks!  Should I keep an ATX case for improved airflow?

Just now, NZgamer said:

It depends what case you get, some ATX cases have bad airflow and some mATX have great airflow, so it all comes down to what case you decide to buy

I've only looked at mesh front cases that include fans but I'd assume more space would allow for cooler temps.  Also on a side note, do you have experience with AMD graphics cards?

Just now, NZgamer said:

Yeah there is more space but you're not running hot components, so a few fans will do fine.

As for the AMD GPUs, I have AMD Integrated Graphics, I've never owned an AMD GPU because I haven't had the money to buy one yet but I do know what I'm talking about so I can help you

Okay, thanks!  Work hard and continue saving up for a new pc!

3 hours ago, Arvensus said:

I've only looked at mesh front cases that include fans but I'd assume more space would allow for cooler temps.  Also on a side note, do you have experience with AMD graphics cards?

If you're looking into mATX case with mesh front, you should checkout Thermaltake Versa H18.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |