What parts do i need for a home computer?

I want to build a new home computer since the old one is really slow. 

Budget: Under 500$ US (but as low as possible)

What it will be used for: Mostly Web browsing, picture storage and light gaming like Minecraft.

Other details: No peripherals or OS keys will be needed. A small computer would be optimal, but any form factor works.

I have built computers in the past but they were just gaming rigs and i'm not really sure what would be needed in a home computer.

Is this good? https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Wooficool/saved/#view=9NCVcf

Note: This is my first post so please notify me is i'm doing something wrong (posting on wrong thread etc..)

Just now, Woofi said:

Mostly Web browsing, picture storage

This is the most important

400 is a little low, but do you need a case?

I would recommend getting something with a ryzen APU( 3200g and 3500g), or something with a i3

1 minute ago, snappy. said:

400 is a little low, but do you need a case?

I do need a case but i could pull of 500 if i wait for sales

9 minutes ago, Woofi said:

Budget: Under 400$ US (but as low as possible)

What it will be used for: Mostly Web browsing, picture storage and light gaming like Minecraft.

Other details: No peripherals or OS keys will be needed. A small computer would be optimal, but any form factor works.

I have built computers in the past but they were just gaming rigs and i'm not really sure what would be needed in a home computer.

Note: This is my first post so please notify me is i'm doing something wrong (posting on wrong thread etc..)

You could go for soemthing like this:

With the 2TB HDD you have plenty of storage, the 3200G will do just fine for web browsing/basic tasks and also Minecraft.

2x4GB fast RAM is a nice to have have for Minecraft

(This list was made using the German PCPartPicker and came to just under 400 euros, not including shipping. So this amount in SEK should be within your budget I think. If not, please state your budget in SEK or just go to the list and change the se.pcpartpicker.com to de.pcpartpicker.com).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

You could go for soemthing like this:

With the 2TB HDD you have plenty of storage, the 3200G will do just fine for web browsing/basic tasks and also Minecraft.

2x4GB fast RAM is a nice to have have for Minecraft

(This list was made using the German PCPartPicker and came to just under 400 euros, not including shipping).

Thanks! It looks similar to the one i made but I wanted to be sure I wasn't buying parts that I didn't need.

i was gonna make one of the lists, but his was better

6 minutes ago, Woofi said:

Budget: Under 400$ US (but as low as possible)

I have a nice home rig that is a little outdated but still performs very well in terms of browsing, media consumption and even light to medium gaming (i can run AC Odyssey on medium settings at 45fps 900p). It doesn’t have an SSD which is its only downside really so yeah here’s the spec sheet:

Motherboard: MSI H81M E33 (MS-7817)

RAM: 4x2 GB DDR3 1.6 GHz

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 750

CPU: Intel Core i3 4150

and a 1TB hard drive which i can’t tell you the name because i forgot haha