Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best 250GB nvme M.2 SSD?

MotokoHammond
 Share

Hey there, I am buying a motherboard that has a PCIe 3.0 M.2 slot on the back and I was looking to run a small fast speed nvme drive in it purely as a windows boot drive, then running a seperate larger capacity nvme in my PCIe 4.0 slot for games. Can anyone recomend what would be the best 250GB nvme boot drive on the market? Thanks for your help. xxx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't bother with a pcie gen 4 drive for games, it really won't matter.

 

Id get a bigger drive for both games and windows, easier to manage, and bigger drives are normally faster.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

I wouldn't bother with a pcie gen 4 drive for games, it really won't matter.

 

Id get a bigger drive for both games and windows, easier to manage, and bigger drives are normally faster.

 

 

Well hypathetically, letls say I wen't with my method... suggestions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, MotokoHammond said:

Well hypathetically, letls say I wen't with my method... suggestions?

Id still try to get a 500gb for boot as there normally faster, 

 

but for just boot, perofrmance won't really matter, so get a cheaper drive, like a sn550. If you really want faster, you can get a 970evo, but its really not worth it for a boot drive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id still try to get a 500gb for boot as there normally faster, 

 

but for just boot, perofrmance won't really matter, so get a cheaper drive, like a sn550. If you really want faster, you can get a 970evo, but its really not worth it for a boot drive.

Depends, if you run low on memory then having the pagefile on a fast NVME can be a lifesaver.

Router: i5-7200U appliance running pfSense WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX (~940Mbit peak) + Ubiquiti nanoHD (OpenWRT)
ISPs: Zen VDSL (66Mbit) + Lebara 4G [Vodafone] (~120Mbit) + Three 5G (~700Mbit during quiet hours, ~500Mbit peak hours)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

i had a 970 evo plus 256gb, sold it to a friend an got a 970 evo plus 500gb. both drives very fast, great for games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×