Asrock B450M Pro pcie expansion slots

Hey guy,

I know that Anthony has already made a video on building a system on this motherboard. Here is my question. My gtx 1660 overlaps the pcie3 expansion card slot. Video card is in pcie2 expansion slot. I'm trying to figure out if the pcie1 slot, is shared with the NVME m.2 slot next to it. If not, I'd like to put in a sata 6gb card so i can add more drives to my computer. I can't seem to find anything in the motherboard manual that indicates if it's shared or not. Can someone help me figure this out?

Hi,

To my knowledge, NVMe M2_1 does not share lane with anything, this is because it is directly connected to the CPU. AMD Ryzen has a dedicated PCIe x4 lanes for NVMe.

And I don't think you need to worry about PCIe x1 slot as well, as it is also a dedicated slot and does not share with anything.

What you might need to note is your NVMe M2_2 is sharing with SATA port 3. Once you populate M2_2 slot, SATA port 3 will be disabled.

Also, strange to see a GTX1660 overlaps your PCIe 3 slot. I mean, they are not a very powerful card, and usually the width is 2 PCIe slot.

Regards,

Chiyawa

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

5 minutes ago, Chiyawa said:

Hi,

To my knowledge, NVMe M2_1 does not share lane with anything, this is because it is directly connected to the CPU. AMD Ryzen has a dedicated PCIe x4 lanes for NVMe.

And I don't think you need to worry about PCIe x1 slot as well, as it is also a dedicated slot and does not share with anything.

What you might need to note is your NVMe M2_2 is sharing with SATA port 3. Once you populate M2_2 slot, SATA port 3 will be disabled.

Also, strange to see a GTX1660 overlaps your PCIe 3 slot. I mean, they are not a very powerful card, and usually the width is 2 PCIe slot.

Regards,

Chiyawa

The right. that's why I didn't connect anything to the Sata 3 port, or the m2_2 slot yet. My boot drive is the m2_1. so i should be good to use the pcie1 slot for a sata addon card then. cool. thank you