See you all in 72 weeks!

OmanGS

Hey all,

I know a lot of you don't know me well at all, but I really do love this community (albeit it can be a little nerve-tugging at times). I'm off to train as an Avionics Systems Technician with the Air Force and will be gone for the next 72 weeks starting on the 8th of March.

Leaving a computer business behind to be ran is a scary thing, but you've always got to follow your dreams (and apparently mine were to re-enlist and get yelled at by angry men once more in my life).

I'm pretty stoked that my trade choice was open, and I'm even more stoked that I'm keeping my pay-grade from when I released (you know, a Private Recruit makes plenty, but I don't think my dainty-arse could survive on it - hah).

Cheers all!

Pew Pew Helicopters

My steam is updating so I will tell you here. I am currently in flight training and me ultimate dream is to be a cfi.

Hey all,

I know a lot of you don't know me well at all, but I really do love this community (albeit it can be a little nerve-tugging at times). I'm off to train as an Avionics Systems Technician with the Air Force and will be gone for the next 72 weeks starting on the 8th of March.

Leaving a computer business behind to be ran is a scary thing, but you've always got to follow your dreams (and apparently mine were to re-enlist and get yelled at by angry men once more in my life).

I'm pretty stoked that my trade choice was open, and I'm even more stoked that I'm keeping my pay-grade from when I released (you know, a Private Recruit makes plenty, but I don't think my dainty-arse could survive on it - hah).

...and just because I feel super generous, I'm going to give away 2 copies of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist - find me on Steam (OmanGS) and tell me your life dreams - if they're awesome enough, you'll get a copy!

Cheers all!

So long bro >_< dont forget your ltt forum password

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

So, I've given out three copies now. None left, went one over!

But you know, you're free to chat with me if you want.

Pew Pew Helicopters

Thanks for the giveaway again, incredibly generous and I wish you all the best.

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

dude your spending about nearly a year and a bit in the air force i hope you get a bad ass looking battlescar that doesnt ruin your face but dont die :(

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

Good luck! You sir are doing a service to your country

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Well, since I don't know how to chat on Steam with people who aren't my friends, I'll post it here (simply because it was asked). Thanks for the giveaway though and good luck bro.

My Bucket List (life dreams basically), not in a particular order:

• Visit Japan
  1. Try the Strawberry Cheesecake Kit Kats they have over there. (Yes, they are real.)
  2. See Mt. Fuji as close as possible.
  • Learn Japanese and possibly Scottish Gaelic (because I'm Irish and Scottish mostly)
  • See Angel Falls (Tallest waterfall in the world in South America IIRC)
  • Follow Matt. Like, go everywhere he has.
  • Be a driving force in the world for change. Not activist kind of change. The kind that is good and happens, but never has a light shined on it. A change in attitude and treatment of people. It's hard to explain what I mean, but it's my most important dream I suppose. 

To be honest, I'm not one for dreams. I know I just gave a list, but these are things I want to do. I wouldn't call them dreams necessarily. Dreams imply they are my greatest hope to have or accomplish. Or the thing I desire most. 

And they aren't. I could do without all of them (though the intrinsic goodness of my last, most important, one makes me really want that one). I just have issues with ... desiring things of this world. Not by religion or creed, but by ... nature I suppose. 

My true dreams, the ones I want most, more than anything, are not of this world but beyond it. And I would say it pales in comparison. So much so that it (the world) is nothing in the face of them. At least to me.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Well, since I don't know how to chat on Steam with people who aren't my friends, I'll post it here (simply because it was asked). Thanks for the giveaway though and good luck bro.

• Visit Japan
  1. Try the Strawberry Cheesecake Kit Kats they have over there. (Yes, they are real.)
  • Learn Japanese and possibly Scottish Gaelic (because I'm Irish and Scottish mostly)
  • Be a driving force in the world for change. Not activist kind of change. The kind that is good and happens, but never has a light shined on it. A change in attitude and treatment of people. It's hard to explain what I mean, but it's my most important dream I suppose. 

To be honest, I'm not one for dreams. I know I just gave a list, but these are things I want to do. I wouldn't call them dreams necessarily. Dreams imply they are my greatest hope to have or accomplish. Or the thing I desire most. 

And they aren't. I could do without all of them (though the intrinsic goodness of my last, most important, one makes me really want that one). I just have issues with ... desiring things of this world. Not by religion or creed, but by ... nature I suppose. 

My true dreams, the ones I want most, more than anything, are not of this world but beyond it. And I would say it pales in comparison. So much so that it (the world) is nothing in the face of them. At least to me.

dude please pack me in your suit case

• Visit Japan

Awesome bucket list. By buddy is on a trek across the world right now. He's actually been texting me from Kenya all day, he's on his way to Egypt and then taking a flight to Romania to go through Europe, eventually to end in Japan and fly to South America to backpack back to Canada. It's a long trek, but he's always been a travel kind of guy.

Pew Pew Helicopters

Congrats!

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Awesome bucket list. By buddy is on a trek across the world right now. He's actually been texting me from Kenya all day, he's on his way to Egypt and then taking a flight to Romania to go through Europe, eventually to end in Japan and fly to South America to backpack back to Canada. It's a long trek, but he's always been a travel kind of guy.

That sounds great. :) And yeah, I hope I actually do some of them.

I struggle with lack of change. It's hard for me to change. I am comfortable in stagnation. In many ways in my life. 

That's why the things I want are so opposite my current lifestyle. I want to change, but change isn't something you are taught. It's something you learn by doing. And the switch is always instantaneous when the problem is your heart. 

Hopefully that change comes soon. Who knows.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Thanks for the game man :) Good luck with the job.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

What did he give away?

Splinter Cell Black List :)

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

• Visit Japan

http://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Kit-Kat-Strawberry-Chocolate/dp/B00A313YXG Eat them. NAO.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

But... they'd taste better with cherry blossoms falling. D:

Thanks though. I'd rather try them in Japan. Also, dat moneh. Too much for Kit Kats. 

† Christian Member †

Hey all,

Cheers all!

Good luck. I hope you get to play with some nice toys. Please don't break any as we are still paying them off. :)

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

• 1 month later...

He's been gone for 3 weeks now. Only 69 weeks left before he is back :D I will be waiting. He was a cool dude to talk to on Teamspeak.