PC Gaming Audio Issues (Cracking & Popping)

Recently, I've run into an issue where some of my PC games have experienced audio cracking and popping during music and dialog and its driving me up the wall! It only happens while playing games, no issues in windows or watching Youtube videos.. just gaming. Video for sauce https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v08QUWdyqYg

Here's a list of attempted troubleshooting steps I have taken:

• DDU Uninstalled audio & video drivers
  • Checked Different Audio Outputs..(Headphones, Monitor, TV, etc..)
  • Clean wipe of Windows ( personal files removed) + DDU uninstaller of Audio & Video Drivers.
  • Disabled all Sound Control Panel Sound Effects Options

Computer Specs:

• Asus Z370G Mobo
  • i7 7700k (removed OC for troubleshooting)
  • GTX 1080ti
  • 1tb m.2ssd + Several SATA ssds

9 minutes ago, Rogerzz said:

Are your headphones plugged into the motherboard or the PC case?

PC case, but the audio output doesnt seem to be the culprit. I've tried using a USB audio converter, audio through my monitor & TV and it still ends up with the same issue

8 minutes ago, Rogerzz said:

Try plugging it into your motherboard, the front connection might have electrical interference going through. Otherwise I would check with different headphones/speakers to be sure your audio device isn't faulty.

No dice, still crackling with plugging to to the back output.

38 minutes ago, Rogerzz said:

Try testing without the GPU installed, Portal 2 should run OK on integrated GPU to rule GPU out.

Thought that was gonna be it but did not resolve the issue, just tested the same copy of Portal 2 on my wifes PC i built for her, updated drivers to match mine and no issues. Wonder if its a mobo or CPU issue.

4 hours ago, Rogerzz said:

Check the audio port wire isn't loose, if not I would consider buying a cheap Sound card from Amazon, because if that doesn't work you can always return it to Amazon with their no questions asked return policy.

Better than getting a new motherboard imo.

I've kinda figured it out...or at least narrowed it down. I took my wifes i3 and replaced my i7 and the sounds went away. no issue... thats wild, I dont know what to make of it but why would a CPU make a difference

50 minutes ago, Rogerzz said:

You downgraded your system to an i3? Why? You can't game on an i3...... Just get a new power supply the reason it stopped on your i3 is because it barely draws any power compared to the i7.

What the fuck are u doing

I was just testing components to see what the issue is, Im not keeping the i3 in my system. I just noticed that the issue resolved when I pulled out the i7. Power Supply shouldnt be an issue tho, I have a 600w. I even undervolted the i7 to reduce power consumption and that still didnt help.