Games Crashing on semi-newish Build

Hello all, first time poster, and I have to say I am sorry it came to this. I have been TSing issues for the past 6 days trying to get my games (mainly Call of Duty: Modern Warfare but others are crashing too) running and I just can't get it to run.

Start of issues: So I decided that after seeing so many of my friends playing this game I would take a gander and see what all the fuss is about. So I bought the game and was shocked when I saw the 200 GB download, but figured what the hell, there's a lot of content in the game.

After taking roughly an hour to download (400 MB Download/Upload speeds fiber optic). I loaded in the game anxious to play! I downloaded the shader cache (even though I was playing Multiplayer I still waited for the full install) I got into my friends party and started up my first game! Loaded into the game just fine and chose my weapon loadout. After about 6 seconds of the initial sprint, my game crashed. And then started the downward spiral that is my experience with every DEV error imaginable.

First off, I am going to throw down my computer specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5-3600 6 Core (3.6 GHz stock)

RAM: 16 GB DDR4 (G.Skill)

Motherboard: MSI X570-A PRO (MS07C37) Bios firmware - H.83 (Updated)

Graphics: 4 GB VRAM Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 (Drivers updated to 26.32.14.4587 (445.87 Version))

Storage: 167 GB INTEL SSD (SSDSC2BW180A4) (SATA)

2 TB Seagate ST2000DM001-1ER164 (SATA)

500 GB Samsung Portable SSD T5 SCSI (USB)

Power Supply - 750W EVGA 80+ Gold rated.

Errors: Dev Errors - 5624, 5763, 6328, and 6068. (6068 is the most common)

These errors happen at random times (loading screen, connecting to online services, while in-game, start of a game, or even in weapon loadouts.

Troubleshooting steps taken:

-Factory Reset on PC

-DSIM restorehealth /scanhealth (CMD Prompt)

-Turning off every single program besides MW.

-NVidia Control Panel tuning (Vsync ON and OFF, Setting power for high performance, Rendering, setting GPU to RTX (even though only one Video card)

-Set Graphics to default, low, high, and ultra

-Set to Window, and fullscreen

-Reinstalled the game on HDD, SSD (SATA) and SSD (USB)

-Reinstalled shaders

-Used DDU to completely remove all graphics drivers and audio drivers in safe mode and rebooted.

-Turned off windows auto update for Graphics Driver / AMD Drivers auto updated.

-Turned off XMP mode in BIOS (Even turned down Frequency of RAM to 2133 instead of 3200 (My cpu only allows for 3200 even though MB allows for 4400))

-Turned off all overclocking of CPU, GPU, and RAM.

-Turned off and unplugged 2nd monitor.

-Scanned and repaired game files.

I even went so far as to test my hardware on a 2nd PC:

-Switched my HDD with another HDD.

-Switched my video card out for an Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 (still issues).

-Switched my RAM out for 2x4 GB Viper DDR4 RAM (from a WORKING PC)

-Switched my RAM into the working 2nd PC and it worked fine.

-Could not test my video card on the other PC though due to size issues.

One thing to note also, when I get the DEV Error 6068 (DirectX Unrecoverable error) it seems to lag up my computer for about 10 seconds after the crash happens.

I do have a snapshot saved of the event viewer after the crashing if you do need it.

If you need any more information, please feel free to ask. I tried to add all the information possible to make it so you didnt have to ask so many questions but I am only human.

If any Devs happen to see this, please help! I would like this to be resolved.

I appreciate your time and effort in viewing this post to anyone who reads this.

Snips attached of windows event viewer (No minidump files created due to no BSOD)

I did do some digging but when looking for these errors not all of the numbers matched up so I figured I would reach out for assistance.

My first gut feeling is either the Video Card or the RAM.

Also attached is an error report from a different game, this claimed a RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 and from looking that up maybe the RAM had cached all the memory from Call of Duty? Unsure.

Sorry for the long post but it has been a long week and I am tired!

Windows Error Report 1.PNG

Windows Error Report 2.PNG

Windows Error Report 3.PNG

Windows Error Report 4.PNG

Windows Error Report 5.PNG

Windows Error Report 6.PNG

Windows Error Report Paladins.PNG

Moving this topic to Troubleshooting, had no idea it was there I am sorry. I have no idea how to remove this post either.

First, “factory reset”???  Was your computer put together in a factory?  Is it a Dell, Lenovo, etc?  If not, then there is no such thing as “factory reset”.

16 minutes ago, Raidiation said:

My first gut feeling is either the Video Card or the RAM.

You’ve already tested this and eliminated it as a possibility.  Stop following your gut in anything that doesn’t involve food.

With no BSOD, the most likely cause is software.  This is most definitely the case if you haven’t been able to replicate the issue with another game.   Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the game?  If the problem cannot be replicated with other games, shouldn’t the game be the likely cause?

You can also do a clean install of Windows.  I would not turn off Windows updates.  Properly scanning for viruses is another thing to do.  Also uninstall and reinstall any dependent reditributables.

If you want to eliminate hardware as a possibility, create a usb boot drive.  You need to make a USB boot drive on another computer, since your computer is possibly infected.  You’ll need a 64 gb usb drive since you’ll later install Call of Duty on it.  It is very important that this USB does not come into contact with your other drives.  Your drives should be never come into contact with this USB.  Disconnect all your hard drives and boot from the usb.  Run Call of Duty off of the USB.  Note , load times will likely be higher - depending on the usb bought.  

17 minutes ago, Hilltrot said:

First, “factory reset”???  Was your computer put together in a factory?  Is it a Dell, Lenovo, etc?  If not, then there is no such thing as “factory reset”.

You’ve already tested this and eliminated it as a possibility.  Stop following your gut in anything that doesn’t involve food.

With no BSOD, the most likely cause is software.  This is most definitely the case if you haven’t been able to replicate the issue with another game.   Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the game?  If the problem cannot be replicated with other games, shouldn’t the game be the likely cause?

You can also do a clean install of Windows.  I would not turn off Windows updates.  Properly scanning for viruses is another thing to do.  Also uninstall and reinstall any dependent reditributables.

If you want to eliminate hardware as a possibility, create a usb boot drive.  You need to make a USB boot drive on another computer, since your computer is possibly infected.  You’ll need a 64 gb usb drive since you’ll later install Call of Duty on it.  It is very important that this USB does not come into contact with your other drives.  Your drives should be never come into contact with this USB.  Disconnect all your hard drives and boot from the usb.  Run Call of Duty off of the USB.  Note , load times will likely be higher - depending on the usb bought.  

I appreciate your hasty response! Sorry, I come from Xbox Tech Support so when I say Factory Reset I do mean clean Windows install from USB and Disc. And also, from looking around at other fixes I saw a lot of people fixing it by replacing hardware. I do know that with computers, it is case-by-case basis, just throwing ideas out there.