Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

USB to ethernet adapter

ali_alper
 Share

Hello

I was wondering since I dont have any internet connections to my main computer because all the drivers are broken idk how to fix them.(code 10) with my ethernet drivers and my internet drivers arent even showing up.

So i was just wondering if I bought a usb to ethernet adpater would actually provide me ethernet.

Specs;

motherboard: asus rampage v extreme

gpu: rx 580

cpu: i7 5820k

ram:16gb ddr4 2400mhz

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

sounds like solving the symptoms, rather than solving the problem.

 

look up which drivers you need to use for your network adapters, download them, and transfer them to the problematic system with a usb stick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ali_alper said:

Hello

I was wondering since I dont have any internet connections to my main computer because all the drivers are broken idk how to fix them.(code 10) with my ethernet drivers and my internet drivers arent even showing up.

So i was just wondering if I bought a usb to ethernet adpater would actually provide me ethernet.

Specs;

motherboard: asus rampage v extreme

gpu: rx 580

cpu: i7 5820k

ram:16gb ddr4 2400mhz

 

I agree with downloading the drivers from Asus and reinstalling first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You could clean install windows, or try to reinstall your ethernet drivers from a USB drive by using another computer to put them on a USB.

A USB to ethernet adapter would also need drivers, so unless it comes with a CD or something you still need an internet connection for windows to get the right drivers.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

I agree with downloading the drivers from Asus and reinstalling first.

I have already uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them about 3-4 times now.I have also clean reset my pc about 2 times but I just can't seem to get the drivers working.

The photo underneath is the driver that I am having problems with. 

ethenet drver.PNG

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, manikyath said:

sounds like solving the symptoms, rather than solving the problem.

 

look up which drivers you need to use for your network adapters, download them, and transfer them to the problematic system with a usb stick.

I have done what you said about 3-4 times in the past but still nothing.

Here is the driver that has the problem maybe you can help.

ethenet drver.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ali_alper said:

I have done what you said about 3-4 times in the past but still nothing.

Here is the driver that has the problem maybe you can help.

ethenet drver.PNG

How did this happen to begin with?

 

Are you having problems with other drivers?

 

Can you afford to reinstall Windows?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Falcon1986 said:

How did this happen to begin with?

 

Are you having problems with other drivers?

 

Can you afford to reinstall Windows?

I was playing a game and suddenly the pc gave a blue screen. I restarted it via the power button and my mouse and keyboard were not being detected. I went into the bios and changed the "xHCI" setting to disabled (this decision came based upon a forum reply to someone who was having the same issue) and the peripherals started working again. But now the wifi adapter and ethernet were both not working as I stated before(code 10). To answer your question, no other drivers are presenting an issue and I have already reinstalled Windows 3 times so I have no idea what the issue may be. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×