Bottleneck on new build

I want to pair a Ryzen 7 3700x with a 1660 super to play games and some video editing and Photoshop. I was wondering if there would be any major bottleneck in that config? . Please Help!

No, it'll be fine.

Unless you want to go for 240Hz, the 3700X is enough for any current-gen consumer grade graphics card.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

if you are going to go with a ryzen 3700x you should be able to afford the rtx 2060/5700/5700XT.if you cant afford the better cards i would would probably go for the 3600x and just overclock it a little bit

just so you know i wouldnt consider my self an expert but thats just my opinon

12 minutes ago, david4141 said:

I want to pair a Ryzen 7 3700x with a 1660 super to play games and some video editing and Photoshop. I was wondering if there would be any major bottleneck in that config? . Please Help!

Still a good card and I was even considering getting 2 and running it in SLI when I was picking out parts for this new build but went with the 2080 super instead as I got a better deal on it.

1 minute ago, kyn1972 said:

Still a good card and I was even considering getting 2 and running it in SLI when I was picking out parts for this new build but went with the 2080 super instead as I got a better deal on it.

With those non-existant SLI/nvlink ports on the 1660 Super cards you'd have had a grand time getting that to work.

Also, SLI does not scale perfectly in even the handful of games with the best support. In most games you'll get MAYBE 5% to 15% gains if you're lucky. Worst case you'll lose performance in other games.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

10 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

No, it'll be fine.

Unless you want to go for 240Hz, the 3700X is enough for any current-gen consumer grade graphics card.

Thank you so much!

Do you know roughly how big the performance boost is on the 5700?

7 minutes ago, kyn1972 said:

Thank you! But i'm not sure if my budget can stretch that far

2 minutes ago, david4141 said:

Do you know roughly how big the performance boost is on the 5700?

The 5700 beats the 2060 Super in most cases, not by a huge margin but it still gets better fps, depending on the game of course.

So if you can go for a 5700 then definitely go for that.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

8 minutes ago, Lurick said:

The 5700 beats the 2060 Super in most cases, not by a huge margin but it still gets better fps, depending on the game of course.

So if you can go for a 5700 then definitely go for that.

Thank you for your help!

2 hours ago, Lurick said:

With those non-existant SLI/nvlink ports on the 1660 Super cards you'd have had a grand time getting that to work.

Also, SLI does not scale perfectly in even the handful of games with the best support. In most games you'll get MAYBE 5% to 15% gains if you're lucky. Worst case you'll lose performance in other games.

I said I was considering it lol 

Its the other reason I didnt do it but I will say it did surprise me that they did not allow for SLI for  the 1660.