3600x update won't boot

You can just install windows on a seperate drive/ you can keep all your stuff after a reinstall in a created windows.old folder afaik. 

1 hour ago, C17H23NO2 said:

You can just install windows on a seperate drive/ you can keep all your stuff after a reinstall in a created windows.old folder afaik. 

yeah but all of that is different ways of dealing with a new windows install. I've seen people just pop in a 3600x so I'm trying to figure out where my issues are coming from

I found this (first response) but can't figure out how to actually delete the inf

Screenshot_20200504-193740_Chrome.png

Boot the drive as storage on another PC. 

Find File directory to delete the inf file. 

Unless you can navigate the file system through dos/cmd.

Wait, you said you could boot in safe mode. Remove the file in safe mode then. NVM above.

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

Boot the drive as storage on another PC. 

Find File directory to delete the inf file. 

Unless you can navigate the file system through dos/cmd.

I can get in through safe mode, but it's hitting me would a sata driver still be an issue if my boot drive is nvme?

Just now, f2bacon said:

I can get in through safe mode, but it's hitting me would a sata driver still be an issue if my boot drive is nvme?

I good thinking man. Yea.... so then is it a separate driver? Is there an INF for M.2?? I haven't the answer lol. I gotta google that one.

____

I'm still on SSDs sata. M.2 slot empty. No issues. boots fine. 

Fresh install of w10 off W7 myself. I like and dislike it at the same time.

Oh go to device manager and uninstall the driver from there.

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

Oh go to device manager and uninstall the driver from there.

just right click uninstall? feels ballsy

Capture.PNG

3 minutes ago, f2bacon said:

just right click uninstall? feels ballsy

Capture.PNG

I know!!! That's the fun of what you are going through lol. 

Windows if it's smart enough, when re-boot will auto install the driver. hopefully. Unless you had slip-streamed it during the hot swap which I doubt.

3 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I know!!! That's the fun of what you are going through lol. 

Windows if it's smart enough, when re-boot will auto install the driver. hopefully. Unless you had slip-streamed it during the hot swap which I doubt.

Shit, still no luck. And of course I used my last bit of thermal paste so I can't even pop my 2600 back til tomorrow

Disaster. I got thermal paste from a friend, so I swapped back to the 2600 and it's even worse. I can post but I can't get the spinny under the windows logo anymore. Sometimes itl just say asrock and the bios options go away. No restore options, even when I put in the windows installer drive, windows logo with no spinning. I think uninstall ING the nvme drive fucked my computer. 

9 minutes ago, f2bacon said:

Disaster. I got thermal paste from a friend, so I swapped back to the 2600 and it's even worse. I can post but I can't get the spinny under the windows logo anymore. Sometimes itl just say asrock and the bios options go away. No restore options, even when I put in the windows installer drive, windows logo with no spinning. I think uninstall ING the nvme drive fucked my computer. 

Clear the cmos. (?)

i dont know how but i got back into my precious windows with the 2600. for some reason the internal usb hub stopped working but it worked when i unplugged and replugged. also nzxt cam cant read the cpu temperatures anymore
now one screen wont get picked up by windows and for some reason the windows time is off. im probably not trying to the 3600x again

JUst install windows already with the 3600 done. no need to format. Yes you will lose your setings or some.

secure your precious files. And reinstall windows. Report back if it works or not. 

I picked up a 3600 (non x) and a ton of paste. I'm having the same issues. Going back to the 2700 still works. I'm debating getting a new one of the same motherboard in case my older board (less than a year) could be the issue. I might just give up on the 3000 series. I'm not doing a clean install of windows for this. 

Just do a clean windows install after any upgrade...no more problems...

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700X 4.3Ghz (-0.1V)
  • Motherboard
    MSI MEG X570 ACE
  • RAM
    G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) F4-3200C16D-32GTRS
  • GPU
    GeForce RTX™ 3060 EAGLE OC 12G (rev. 2.0)
  • Case
    Cooler Master MASTERBOX MB520 ARGB + Cooler Master MasterFan MF120R ARGB
  • Storage
    ADATA XPG SX8100 2TB PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD
    ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB 2.5" SSD
    Toshiba X300 4TB 7200 RPM 128MB Cache
    TOSHIBA MG06 (MG06ACA10TE) 10TB 3.5 Inch 7200RPM Enterprise SATA Hard Drive
  • PSU
    Cooler Master MWE GOLD 750 FULL MODULAR
  • Display(s)
    Acer KG271B Gaming Monitor (HDR Ready 27" 1920X1080 240Hz) + MSI PRO MP241
  • Cooling
    Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240R RGB
  • Keyboard
    MSI Vigor GK80 RED GAMING KEYBOARD
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red Edition Wired Laser Mouse
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Home
  • Router
    Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX 11000

Just now, ZephCloud said:

Just do a clean windows install after any upgrade...no more problems...

I've gone 8 years without reinstalling windows. From the 1600 to the 2600 with no problems. From the gtx 1060 to the rx580 to the rtx 2060 to the rtx 2070 not a single issue with windows. I can get into safe mode with networking. I just said I don't want to do a clean windows install and your answer is to do a clean windows install. Am I missing something?

Also, how come I can boot safe mode with networking with no issue???? I thought there was an issue booting windows from an nvme and I was about to install windows on a sata drive to test, but why would it still work in safe mode? There's something up and again plan A is to make the 3600 or 3600x work with this install of windows. Plan B would be to just keep the 2600 and forget the 3000 series altogether. A fresh windows install isn't something I want to try.