MSI Afterburner vs Adrenalin 2020? For RX Vega 64

SuperMetalBro

I have an RX Vega 64 card and I've been wanting to overclock, especially since I heard you can potentially get about 15 percent more performance through an undervolt overclock. It seems that everyone is using Radeon Wattman/Adrenaline to do the overclock rather than Afterburner. Usually, everyone I've seen has used MSI Afterburner for Overclocking(That's normally my software of choice too).. Which one would be the better software for undervolting then overclocking?

Adrenaline does a fine job and allows specific p state frequency/voltage and fan

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 hour ago, Mister Woof said:

Adrenaline does a fine job and allows specific p state frequency/voltage and fan

Thanks for the info! After doing the OC, I saw that Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Modern Warfare, and Fortnite were all taking advantage! I was getting about 10-20 more FPS. But Hellblade was a different story. This game really doesn't like my overclock and its dipping in frames all over the place. I get 90 - 100 FPS in it on Ultra settings with just the standard clocks. Is that normal for that game?

2 minutes ago, SuperMetalBro said:

Thanks for the info! After doing the OC, I saw that Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Modern Warfare, and Fortnite were all taking advantage! I was getting about 10-20 more FPS. But Hellblade was a different story. This game really doesn't like my overclock and its dipping in frames all over the place. I get 90 - 100 FPS in it on Ultra settings with just the standard clocks. Is that normal for that game?

I haven't tried that one personally. Look keep comparative results

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

So I've decided to use Adrenalin because of the extra voltage control. The only thing I'm missing is that I don't get to see my CPU temps in the on screen display, but I can just check Ryzen Master if I'm that curious.