Looking for the best soundcard for under 60€

canastasiou6

How's everyone doing? So, as the title says im looking for a soundcard because im just bored of the integrated ALC1220-VB on my B450 aorus pro due to the interference and me wanting something different to utilise my dual driver hyperx alphas that many say that they just need a better amp for good audio. I found many deals online of both integrated and usb amps but I figured that asking the audiophiles and audio experts would be better to not end up buying something worst. What do u recommend for my budget? Also if u want to suggest something above my budget feel free to do it :).

(sorry for my bad grammar)

13 minutes ago, canastasiou6 said:

How's everyone doing? So, as the title says im looking for a soundcard because im just bored of the integrated ALC1220-VB on my B450 aorus pro due to the interference and me wanting something different to utilise my dual driver hyperx alphas that many say that they just need a better amp for good audio. I found many deals online of both integrated and usb amps but I figured that asking the audiophiles and audio experts would be better to not end up buying something worst. What do u recommend for my budget? Also if u want to suggest something above my budget feel free to do it :).

For 60€ you are not getting anything that's better than the built in soundcard. Also what interference is happening?

19 minutes ago, jaslion said:

For 60€ you are not getting anything that's better than the built in soundcard. Also what interference is happening?

i can hear noise when i turn hear device on(microphone) even when it's muted from the headset 

16 minutes ago, canastasiou6 said:

i can hear noise when i turn hear device on(microphone) even when it's muted from the headset 

Do others hear it? If not then there is no problem.

11 hours ago, canastasiou6 said:

This is most likely a ground loop issue and interference with poorly integrated electrical grids in your home/area. 

I will note that adding an external sound card will not help this, and often will make it worse- that ground loop interference is now no longer being shielded by the motherboard's own shielding, and they generally have none of their own. You can get isolators and shielding for this but I never had to and don't know what to go for.

I do wanna note that several Xonar cards (as mentioned above) in my humble opinion greatly improve sound quality over onboard- especially on budget motherboards, budget motherboards (under $300? probably bad onboard) slack on the clarity. Those xonars are the most affordable onboard if you really don't want an external DAC/AMP. The DGX is probably the best for your purposes, but is out of your price range. The DGX has a good amp system, and a few features that make things like streaming much easier.

On 5/4/2020 at 3:48 PM, canastasiou6 said:

On 5/4/2020 at 4:39 PM, jaslion said:

Do others hear it? If not then there is no problem.

I guess they can't hear it due to noise suppression that most applications use. If I would like something better than what I already have, what would you suggest and what would be a suitable budget for a better amp. If you spare a bit of time read also this other question I have... So recently I got in a call with a friend and he noticed metallic like noise coming from my mic. I noticed that after turning hear device on, though after frequent checks it's not always as loud or even present. Probably bending it caused it or maybe the wires arent making good connections, though it should be noted that bending the wire during testing it didnt do any difference. Do you suggest to me to spare my money for a new and better mic or an amp? thank u for answering

14 hours ago, Felicity said:

This is most likely a ground loop issue and interference with poorly integrated electrical grids in your home/area. 

I will note that adding an external sound card will not help this, and often will make it worse- that ground loop interference is now no longer being shielded by the motherboard's own shielding, and they generally have none of their own. You can get isolators and shielding for this but I never had to and don't know what to go for.

I do wanna note that several Xonar cards (as mentioned above) in my humble opinion greatly improve sound quality over onboard- especially on budget motherboards, budget motherboards (under $300? probably bad onboard) slack on the clarity. Those xonars are the most affordable onboard if you really don't want an external DAC/AMP. The DGX is probably the best for your purposes, but is out of your price range. The DGX has a good amp system, and a few features that make things like streaming much easier.

what is a suitable budget for my needs?

2 hours ago, canastasiou6 said:

what is a suitable budget for my needs?

more than i want to admit

with audio it's either:

compromise and get used to it and then maybe blow $2000 on all the stuff you need in the future when you win the lottery

buy budget stuff (Such as xonar cards, usb amps, etc) that emulate amps fairly well but only because you aren't able to use/try a real one;

or you spend so much on audio you forget anything else exists in the world (i just did this with vr haha, but just had to buy new headphones so i ended up crawling forums again)

The metallic noise sounds EXACTLY like the problems my friend had. He was trying to stream, and it was literally unwatchable. He couldn't hear it but it was this constant metallic screeching from all the interference. iirc the fix was an uninterruptible power supply, a DAC, and a bunch of other expensive stuff but I'd have to ask him again. You may just need a new motherboard. 

I'm sure someone else might have a better answer than me, though, as I never personally had this problem.