Which graphics card should I buy; RX 5500XT or RX 580?

BigRecoiilz
Go to solution Solved by F.E.A.R.,
16 hours ago, Hz Eurythmic said:

I am looking to purchase a graphics card for my gaming pc build but I am stuck in between the RX 5500XT and the RX 580.  Which one should I get? I want to get the best card in terms or performance.  If there are any other graphics cards that you would prefer over these two, please let me know!

The RX 580 is still a very good card, but 5500XT will have more support in the future (the thing is you'll have to go for he 8GB VRAM version). But it's more expensive than the RX 580. I advise you to get the GTX 1650S over RX 580.

1 hour ago, Hz Eurythmic said:

The ASUS ROG Strix isn't good either?  I saw previous comments on how the 580 would be the best bet so I went and bought the ASUS Strix 8Gb model.

No it's not. The best RX 580 models are the Sapphire Pulse and Sapphire Nitro+.

I am looking to purchase a graphics card for my gaming pc build but I am stuck in between the RX 5500XT and the RX 580.  Which one should I get? I want to get the best card in terms or performance.  If there are any other graphics cards that you would prefer over these two, please let me know!

The 580 is a bit cheaper, but is a good choice, though the 5500XT being newer (much newer) will probably have more support over the next years. I think that the performance is very similar, but I would consider the 1650 Super, it has a nice reputation. I recommend you read reviews of people that have them and at the end they're all at somewhat the same pricepoint, it just comes to a personal preference.

5500XT vs. 1650 Super: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-RX-5500-XT-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1650S-Super/4060vs4058

580 vs. 5500XT: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-RX-580-vs-AMD-RX-5500-XT/3923vs4060

4 hours ago, Juanmacaam said:

The 580 is a bit cheaper, but is a good choice, though the 5500XT being newer (much newer) will probably have more support over the next years. I think that the performance is very similar, but I would consider the 1650 Super, it has a nice reputation. I recommend you read reviews of people that have them and at the end they're all at somewhat the same pricepoint, it just comes to a personal preference.

5500XT vs. 1650 Super: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-RX-5500-XT-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1650S-Super/4060vs4058

580 vs. 5500XT: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-RX-580-vs-AMD-RX-5500-XT/3923vs4060

AMD cards have really long support. 2006 AMD Cards can be updated to Adrenalin. 5500XT is a new card, RX580 is 3 years older but still good gpu. 

You still can find Working Used RX580 for 120$. 

Main: Intel i7-10700KF, RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC, 16 GB 3900MHz CL15 B-Die, Windows 11 Pro

Third PC: Intel i5-10400F, RTX 2080 Super Gaming X Trio, 16GB 3000MHz Timitec, Windows 10 Pro

Second PC: Ryzen 7 2700, RTX 2070 Super STRIX, 16GB 3200MHz CL15, Windows 10 Pro

First PC: Intel i5-3570, GTX 1060 Windforce, 16GB G-Skill 1600MHz, Windows 10 Pro

Hmmm Laptop: Pentium M 1.6GHz, iGPU, 2 GB 800MHz DDR2, Windows 7 SP1

12 hours ago, Hz Eurythmic said:

Go for RX 580 but Sapphire model Nitro + or even OC edition,if you can afford one...you don't need more then 4 GB since that card is capable for 1080p gaming,and you don't need more VRAM for it.
I don't suggest other brands with that chip other then Sapphire.

Good luck finding one...

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

2 hours ago, frozensun said:

Go for RX 580 but Sapphire model Nitro + or even OC edition,if you can afford one...you don't need more then 4 GB since that card is capable for 1080p gaming,and you don't need more VRAM for it.
I don't suggest other brands with that chip other then Sapphire.

Good luck finding one...

The ASUS ROG Strix isn't good either?  I saw previous comments on how the 580 would be the best bet so I went and bought the ASUS Strix 8Gb model.

16 hours ago, Hz Eurythmic said:

The RX 580 is still a very good card, but 5500XT will have more support in the future (the thing is you'll have to go for he 8GB VRAM version). But it's more expensive than the RX 580. I advise you to get the GTX 1650S over RX 580.

No it's not. The best RX 580 models are the Sapphire Pulse and Sapphire Nitro+.

"Tolerance is the lube that helps the dildo of dysfunction slip into the ass of a civilized society" - Plato 427-347 BC

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" - Aristotle 384-322 BC

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" - Lebiniz 1st of July 1646 - 14th of November 1716

Nope....as for AMD chips best cards are with Sapphire...best cooling best VRM etc...

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.