Concern over reusing psu in new build

lgcas

Recently I've been planning to upgrade to a 3700x and 2060. I could reuse my supernova g3 650w but there are some things I'm concerned about.
I've had the unit since around early 2018. It's got a slight buzz to it, pretty high pitched and you need to be pretty close to it. It does it when the pc is off but the psu is switched on (but goes away almost instantly when the psu switch is turned off). No crackles just a slight, high pitch buzz. Eco mode is turned on.
Is this anything to be concerned about? Should I use this psu in my new build or look into replacing it? If so what would be a good unit to replace it with (I have read about the seasonic gx series and the nzxt e series. Also looked at the bequiet straight power 11) are these trustworthy?
I'd say it's been making the noise for at least a year. Nothing bad has happened yet with it. A recording is attached, sorry about the clock noises throughout :/. If needed I can link an uploaded version of the clip. Recorded with the phone mic about 10 cm away from the psu. 

162689.MP3

Edited by lgcas

finally escaped fm2+

Good chance it's always been making that noise; it's probably just high frequency coil whine, a very normal thing on switching power supplies. I wouldn't worry about that.

2 minutes ago, akio123008 said:

Good chance it's always been making that noise; it's probably just high frequency coil whine, a very normal thing on switching power supplies. I wouldn't worry about that.

Thank you very much. Just a bit cautious as I've had two psus (cx430/rm850x) die that had similar noises. 

finally escaped fm2+

If I were you, I would try to figure out why you have so many PSU dying on you.

Problem with the mains?

51 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

If I were you, I would try to figure out why you have so many PSU dying on you.

Problem with the mains?

As far as I know the mains are fine, no other issues with any other devices. Pc is run via a surge protector at all times with only what is required connected. I guess unlucky (?). First one, the cx430, started randomly turning off and was replaced with a second-hand rm850x which to be fair it did make some pretty concerning noises to begin with but was passed off as loud coil whine; that one failed more dramatically. Pretty sure it was a cap popping (flash, loud bang noise); perhaps damaged in transit or from the last owner.

finally escaped fm2+

3 hours ago, lgcas said:

second-hand rm850x

No transferrable warranty i guess ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

1 minute ago, Juular said:

No transferrable warranty i guess ?

Corsairs site seems to say that. Couldn't take it back to the store either as it had shut down. 

finally escaped fm2+

1 minute ago, lgcas said:

Corsairs site seems to say that. Couldn't take it back to the store either as it had shut down.

IIRC it is transferable but you need a proof of purchase (original receipt).

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

1 minute ago, Juular said:

IIRC it is transferable but you need a proof of purchase (original receipt).

Huh. I only got the psu and packaging. I think the receipt is long gone. 

finally escaped fm2+