What should I upgrade?

Hi! I have a half decent PC that was given to me for work (Dell Vostro 230), I made some small upgrades to it with stuff that I had lying around and it doesn't perform to terribly but I was wondering what to upgrade next? I was thinking maybe my GPU? Specs:

NVIDIA Quadro 600 (Overclocked to 823MHz Graphics and 925MHz memory) 

Intel Core 2 Quad q8400 2.66GHz

RAM: Patriot 8gb ddr3 1600 Viper 3 Series

435W PSU

SSD: Adata SU800 Ultimate 256gb

Thanks

Are you just going to exclusively use it for work? And what kind of workloads? 

Since as i see it, if you had the budget, just going the new PC route would be better.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

6 minutes ago, DylanMased said:

Hi! I have a half decent PC that was given to me for work (Dell Vostro 230), I made some small upgrades to it with stuff that I had lying around and it doesn't perform to terribly but I was wondering what to upgrade next? I was thinking maybe my GPU? Specs:

435W PSU

Thanks

IMO GPU is the way to go since you can carry it over a new system.

maybe find another cheap 8gb stick of ddr3? 

12 minutes ago, DylanMased said:

435W PSU

Thanks

yOU can upgrade gpu for max a GTX 750ti, more than that will cause bottleneck. i had a 6600 c2q with a gtx 295 and i got botlenecks in alost all recent games available in dx10 like gtav, battlefield 4 , with stuttering, etc.

Today a combo ryzen 1600af + rx 590 is hard to beat in price tough.

15 minutes ago, muito_gostoso said:

yOU can upgrade gpu for max a GTX 750ti, more than that will cause bottleneck. i had a 6600 c2q with a gtx 295 and i got botlenecks in alost all recent games available in dx10 like gtav, battlefield 4 , with stuttering, etc.

please don't. bottleneck isnt that bad of an issue, you can always upgrade later but buying a 750ti is a waste of money since youre gonna have to replace it when you upgrade everything else. Just buy literally the best one you can @DylanMased

I Have a Slim Case so i was debating between a gtx1050 lp or maybe a rx550 lp? I could get the gtx1060 lp or 1080 mini but that seems pointless due to my CPU @AeroMagnus

4 hours ago, DylanMased said:

I Have a Slim Case so i was debating between a gtx1050 lp or maybe a rx550 lp? I could get the gtx1060 lp or 1080 mini but that seems pointless due to my CPU @AeroMagnus

If you can, get the 1080. The biggest bottleneck is your GPU if your processor is anything more than a single core, and it'll be easier to sell when you want to upgrade than if you were to buy a card that's already old or low performing. 

So get the best you can. 

4 hours ago, DylanMased said:

Also, does your PSU have proper Pcie connectors? 

• 10 months later...
On 5/2/2020 at 7:43 PM, muito_gostoso said:

well, you can also run a gt 1030 (half sized 2gb) and it will work just fine, as long as you have current drivers for everything